Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Update for the Object M_LPET_EKO and M_RAHM_EKO in Roles(PFCG)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need your help to do the mass update for the Object M_LPET_EKO and M_RAHM_EKO around some 90 roles.

Is there any smart way to do this task?

I already thought of using eCATT scripts. But am not sure it helps or not.

Regards,

Raja. G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are, however, ready-made eCATTs for download on other sites. i do not know whether i would be allowed to post the name of the site here (possibly not) ... i tried one from this site and it worked without needing modification.

9 REPLIES 9

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there are no reliable shortcuts for this.

In my experience this can be done manually (if well organized) at a rate of at least 30 roles/hour. Trying to find a faster way will probabely take you more than the three hours it takes to edit the roles one by one.

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are, however, ready-made eCATTs for download on other sites. i do not know whether i would be allowed to post the name of the site here (possibly not) ... i tried one from this site and it worked without needing modification.

0 Kudos

> There are, however, ready-made eCATTs for download on other sites. i do not know whether i would be allowed to post the name of the site here (possibly not) ... i tried one from this site and it worked without needing modification.

Ecatts for updating objects? That's interesting. If the site isn't commercial I do not see any objection to posting the link.

0 Kudos

> I do not know whether i would be allowed to post the name of the site here (possibly not) ...

A few sites spammed us for a while, so they are blocked by the content filters as a return for their efforts.

If you can post the URL and it is not blocked, then it is most likely okay.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

Can you provide the link to start this activity?

Regards,

Raja. G

0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I shall, as soon as I have permission from the site-owner.

0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

I hope Julius already approved to upload the link, if it is not banned.

who else need to approve it?

Regards,

Raja. G

0 Kudos

I assume the link is pointing to a site outside of sap.com. I don't own the whole internet...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

the guy you want to meet goes by the name of Andy Harters, userID on his site: Harters. if you cannot find the download or need additional information, don't hesitate to contact him ... he's a real great guy.

www.sapsupport.co.uk