cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create word file similar to adobe form in sfp Tcode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Is there any way to create ms-word file similar to the Adobe forms that we are creating in SFP?

As I have been given one webdynpro application,the requirements are in webdynpro the word file should get display with data and this data shold also be editable in the word document.

And also the data which are going to be display in the word file will be processed in the webdynproapplication as well.

Is there any functionality to do this?

If anyone knows then please tell me how can I do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

for displaying and maintaining word documents via webdynpros, you may look at ios_test_helloworld_ms webdynpro.

I think it's using ACF, I don't know if it's still valid (I remember there were issues with Adobe forms).

I guess the most complex job is to embed values in the word document, maybe by using Word macros. You may also test if the document can be created in .docx or .xml format.

I suggest that you post your question in the webdynpro forum (with a link to this thread here), you'll get better advices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Umang....

Did ur issue get resolved... coz i also need the solution..

can u plz share it with me!

Thnx advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to know how this is done too, I have the same requirements.

Thanks.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, my mistake, didn´t notice this is not Adobe forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No It's ok budy.

but do you have any idea how to do this?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I am trying to say is that:

1) you can generate Word from ABAP using the DB fields.

2) you cannot exchange Adobe for Word in any way

3) you can create texts using SO10, use a Word like editor and insert variables in this texts

4) only for Adobe you can get back the data the user have added to the "print"

5) maybe some other ptinting technology can do this, you can try another forum, post your question under ABAP Development - Forms and Printing

I am sorry for any inconvenience but I don´t understand who thought up such a requsition.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That means you would like to write a text in a Word like editor and then output these texts (created in SO10 transaction using Word-lik-editor) in Adobe. Is that right? If not, please clarify. Either my language or your description is not suffiscient. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok please tell me if it is possible to create text first in the editor(transaction so10) and then if it is possible to call in webdynpro application.

Because my requirement is to use word file in the same way as we are using the Adobe forms in the web dynpro.

For eg. if in the adobe form we will create the text having name Birthday.

Then in webdynpro this text can be bind to context of the view and we can have the birthday from the database.

In the same way instead of Adobe forms,it should get display in ms-word with all the editable options as well.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot create anything like Word with Adobe forms. You can create only a PDF form/ file.

To work with word I can recommend study ABAP/ Word OLE.

These links can help you to start:

http://www.frisoni.com/sap/OLE-Excel.pdf

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCFESDE6/BCFESDE6.pdf

Hope this helps, Otto

p.s.: You generate word doc this way but cannot get the values back to SAP.

pp.ss.: Maybe you want to work with interactive forms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for the reply but my requirement is like I want to prepare few forms same as adobe forms but required to create in word format and the data should also come in the similar way, as they comes from webdynpro to the adobe forms.

So is there any option to do that?

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would be better to post this question in the WebDynpro forum. More likely to get the correct answer.

Don't think there is a similar transaction, but it is possible to use the Office Control UI for opening and editing office documents.