cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default excise group and series group issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have a doubt. Is it possible to maintain the default excise group and series group in this order

sales org dis chnl division ship pt plant excise group series group

1000 EX CD 1000 1000 10 A1

1000 EX CD 1000 2000 20 A2

i tried this combination, but getting the error message that a key already exists....The header data sales area and shipping point already exists.... I cant understand why we cant give the same sales area and shipping point for a new plant combination

Thanks in advance

Mathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot Antima and Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathan

As Antima told, its very rare to use same shipping point for both plants. So its better to maintain different shipping points for 2 plants.IF you maintain that, then its easy to maintain the same excise group and series group, as the header will change ( same sales area, but different Shipping point).

Please check and revert back

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antima

Your answer is very clear. But I have another doubt. i do agree that we will not have different excise and series group.But my client is having 5 plants in same location. now i am doing rollout for the 4th and 5th plants.now for the new plants they are using the same shipping point. that means 2 plants are having same shipping point.and the sales area is same. in this case the header will be same, and the only change will be in the plants in the item level.So i think your suggestion is to maintain new shipping point in this case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathan,

When we say Excise group then it is maintained for the plant as it is maintained with Excise authorities. We can have same shipping point for 2 different plants but the possibilities are less and when 2 plants share the resources and facilities then those plants are registered as a single excise entity with the authorities. That is the reason that the option of having the same sales area and shipping point as header data is not allowed for more than one excise group. This is more business related than SAP.

Hope this clarifies the doubt.

Regards,

Antima