cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid hardcoding in RFC Lookup and JDBC Lookup during transport...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have RFC and JDBC Lookups in some of our scenarios(JDBC to RFC synch)....Now problem is during transport of design objects, we have to change the business system and channel name manually in UDF in target environment....as it wont change although we define the target group in SLD.....we want to avoid this hardcoding.....one idea is we can use a business service inspite of business system and assign the comm channel to it.....this business service will be generic for all environment(dev,qua and prod)...and hence we dnt hav to hardcode....pls let me knw how to achieve or its possible or not....

waiting for ur inputs....

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pinangshuk,

Checking the name of business service is an option to see on which environment are you and accordingly change the Lookup details.. For doing this you need to use DynamicConfiguration and ther get the sender/receiver service/system name and then make the lookup details.

Another alternative would be to get the systemid. The code is there in sdn forum, but need to search. I will try to get it.

Regards

Suraj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution is to use 'Sender' or 'Receiver' functions in Constants category.

I faced a similar issue and solved it using 'Sender' function as one of the input to UDF, instead of hard-coding the business system.

Thanks,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

i can't find the code to get SID in SDN....is their any other way???

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

serach in sdn ,you will get it.

getting SID is very simploe use getproperty method in UDF or JAVA Mapping it will return the SID value.

String sysID = (String)System.getProperty("SAPSYSTEMNAME");

cheers,

Raj

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For RFC lookup you might be doing hardcoding for Business system and RFC channel name.

Options are

1) Create value mapping for Business system. So you can maintain it in Directory part.

2) Keep the RFC channel name same for all system (Development, Quality, Production)

The details of channel can be changed in the Directory part of the respective system