cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make category changeable in EIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i am working on EIC and our business requirement is to make category (in interaction record) changeable.

this field by default is not visible. for some reasons SAP has not displayed it on screen but we because of our requirements have made it visible and now we are facing problems making this field changeable. any inputs will be very helpful.

thanks in advance,

Sagar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you assign some categories to the interaction record process type ?

SPRO >> CRM >> Transactions >> Settings for activities >> Maintain categories... >> Assign categories to transaction types

Kind regards,

Nicolas Busson.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

thanks for your prompt reply. but we have added the categories, that isn't a problem at all. The categories does appear in the dropdown list and by now we have enabled that field for input as well. The problem is that the setter method of that field fails to set the selected value; somewhere it is marked as read only field. do you have any idea on that?

thanks,

Sagar.

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tested it on a CRM7.0 system and the field is changeable and working fine... as soon as categories are maintained in the IMG I mentionned earlier. So I tried a few things, and find a way to reproduce the behavior you're facing:

1) I maintained category codes 201 and 301 for Interaction record (in the IMG for assigning categories to transaction types).

2) AND I maintained category CX01 as default category for interaction record in the following IMG:

SPRO >> CRM >> Transactions >> Basic settings >> Define transaction types.

This inconcistency in customizing resulted in a read-only category field... May you please check the same on your system and give us the result?

Kind regards,

Nicolas Busson.

Answers (0)