cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with number of rows in BI data service result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have a strange problem with my Bi query which am using as data service in the model.

The query structure is similar to

Year | Char2 | Char3 | char4 etc.... KF1 | KF2 | Kf3 ..

and I have multiple input values for year . Result rows are enabled on char2 to get the result at year level and I am getting the result year wise while executing query in bex. But in VC model the data service returns result for only a single year for multiple year inputs . It is the same when I try testing the data service in VC. Variable for year can accept multiple values and also tried removing the limit on the number of rows in the data service ,but still the same result.

When checking the debug output , can see the max rows still set to 500 which could be causing this even though it has been

removed in the data service properties. Saw a wiki entry but that didnt solve this either. How do u remove the default entry for

max rows. VC 7.0 Sp 15.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

IN 'Test Data Service' it will give only few initial rows so there you will not get all the data, but in your VC output you should get all the data. In the 'Max Rows' field, instead of removing the entry just enter some very large number like 9999999 & then try.

Are you using filter to show the result? if yes then on which field you are filtering the result ? also check that you have not suppressed result in data service.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Thanks for the inputs. That is what I have already tried out now , and also added a huge value to the capacity value of output port. Then the max rows value changes in the debugger output to my manual input value . But the problem is that the model preview itself hangs after a ceratin period of time and aborts with some communication error.

Am using a filter in the model and filtering on char 2 which comes after year in the query output and have not supressed result on the data service since i get for one value anyway. Is there a problem with VCwhile handling huge amount of data ??

Rgsd

Answers (0)