cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the Selected Index of a dropdown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my adobe forms application, I have got two dropdowns. Based on the selected item on the first, the second dropdown also should change. ie, if in the first dropdown the third item is selected from the list, in the second dropdown also its third item should get selected.

How can this be done?

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

You can get the selected index of a drop-down list for example in the exit event using the following script:

this.selectedIndex

. There is also a method

setItemState(integer, bool)

to set the state of an item (index as integer) to selected (the bool parameter). The method needs at least Reader 8 so your form will not work with older Reader versions.

And indexes are 0-based.

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Populating field values as well as drop downs based on drop down selection can be done by triggering events through scripts. The below code will be written in Change Event of the Form element.

xfa.record.CONTROL_PARAM.ISR_EVENT.value = "ACTION_TYPE";

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target,"submit","","","","");

Related coding to populate the values should be written in method u201CSCENARIO_PROCESS_USER_COMMANDu201D.

CASE user_command.

WHEN 'ACTION_TYPE'.

READ TABLE special_data INTO ls_special_data

WITH KEY fieldname = 'MASSN'.

g_massn = ls_special_data-fieldvalue+0(2).

IF sy-subrc = 0.

SELECT * FROM t530 INTO TABLE it_massg

WHERE massn EQ g_massn.

SELECT * FROM t530t INTO TABLE it_massg_txt

FOR ALL ENTRIES IN it_massg

WHERE massn EQ it_massg-massn

AND massg EQ it_massg-massg

AND sprsl EQ g_lang.

IF sy-subrc = 0.

LOOP AT it_massg INTO wa_massg.

ls_additional_data-fieldindex = sy-tabix.

ls_additional_data-fieldname ='MASSG_KEY'.

READ TABLE it_massg_txt INTO wa_massg_txt WITH KEY massg = wa_massg-massg.

CONCATENATE wa_massg-massg wa_massg_txt-mgtxt

INTO ls_additional_data-fieldvalue

SEPARATED BY space.

APPEND ls_additional_data TO additional_data.

CLEAR wa_massg_txt.

ENDLOOP.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

I hope this would help you.

Regards

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello. In my humble opinion it is not logical to have two connected drop-downs. I can imagine you have a drop-down for user selection and another field that displays some extra information for the selected item. But why would you need two connected dropdowns? Seem irrational for me. If you can provide more information about the business problem to solve, we can help you solve it. Regards, Otto

p.s.: If your only problem is to get an index of DD and use it, we can work on it too.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Try writing the code on Action of the first dropdown. i.e get the element selected from the first dropdown, then by using this set the other dropdown value.

Hope this helps u.

Regards,

Poojith MV