cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart of a failed message in XI and sending a status message to sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we use PI/700 (NW2004s) without any Java/Abap-Proxies. We use FTP to send files to a partner.

It can happen that the FTP-server of this receiver is down - so I get an error (in sxmb_moni).

My questions now:

1) Is it possible to send back a status-message (e.g. an IDOC "Status") to the sender?

Do I need an integration process to define it (bad, because of the speed!)?

Or is the only way via XI-Alerts?

2) What happens with the failed message? Does XI restart the sending of failed messages if the FTP-server is up?

The background is: it's possible that the FTP-server of the communication-partner is down for some hours. During this time we need a mechanism to buffer the message in XI.

Thanks a lot,

Regards

Wolfgang Hummel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>1) Is it possible to send back a status-message (e.g. an IDOC "Status") to the sender?</i>

For IDoc ack refer to /people/udo.martens/blog/2005/09/30/one-logical-system-name-for-serveral-bpm-acknowledgements

Also, Alerts would be advantageous as it captures all the errors happening in AE, IE etc

<i>2) What happens with the failed message? Does XI restart the sending of failed messages if the FTP-server is up?</i>

Once the XI is up it tries to send the messages in the Queue. There are some standard reports also avilable which restart the messages and sends them.

Refer to weblog: /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

thanks a lot for your helpfull answers - I will try it and I'm sure that's the solution of my problem.

I can award your answers only with the maximum of 10 points, but be sure that the answer is worth at least 100 points.

Regards

Wolfgang

Answers (0)