cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Cost Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

In Easy cost Planning we want to take the cost of one of the WBS elements and multipy the same with 2% or 3 %.

How we can make a entry field for WBS element in the easy cost planning forms.?

Business scenario - in the given WBS structure we have, 1. Engineering, 2. Construction, 3. Procurement WBS elements now the we want Project Managment cost as a percentage of engg cost + % of Construction cost + % Procurement cost

How we can achieve the same.

We could create a planning form and in the we can enter % like 2 %, but the object field we are not able to create in the form

Thanks for the help in advance...

Srihari.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You call it in tran ckcm , creating template for easy cost planning ,in derivation rules

choose type as base planning object .thus you will be able to create easy cost planning template to use in cj20n

shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shashank,

Thanks for the reply

What we have tried doing is created Business planning object for Engineering, Construction and Proucrement.(kke1)

Now in CKCM that is in costing model, we were trying to call all the three Business planning objects. and applying percentages to that.

Now the new problem is system recognizes only one Business planning objet in CKCM , other it is not .

I am adding 3 characteristica and attaching a BPO to each.

is there some thing I am missing.

Thanks in advance

Srihari.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1st thing is charataristicks are used for defining the entry screen in cj20n , chara will appear as field for entry. They are also used for deriving derivation rules for quantity field , Condition for using activation column

So we are not assigning base planning object to characteristic.

You want to say that after you enter type, base planniing object in 1st column ,you are not getting list of base planning object in column named as object ,when you drop down it?

This is because you have to create base planning object for same controlling area for which you are creating costing model

Means controlling area for base planning object and easy cost planning should be same

Check it in extras---set controlling area

shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do this by adding a variable item in easy cost planning in item view.

In intem view select item catagory as V and add the 2% cost for a particular WBS manually

If you want to maintain this in planning form then you have to add the type calculation row , and in quantoty field write the formula for percentage calculation.

shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shashank,

We wan to use the planning forms, but got stuck in the Project Management cost.

we were not able to get how we can input a WBS number into the planning form, and %.

Till now I have seen only one input field in the ECP planning forms, can we have 2 input fiels for the same row ?

Thanks,

Srihari.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You do one thing

You create one Base planning object in tran kke1.

It is like unit costing , like you are creating in easy cost planning. You add the planning form item catagories into it which you have created in easy cost planning derivation rule template

After that in base planning object , scroll at right ,thhere is one column called formula . (press f1) and maintain a formula for the base planning total cost .( You can select item catagory s for total up)

Call this base planning object in your easy cost planning template.

So no need to maintain formula in easy cost planning template .

Think this may help you

shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shashank,

Where exactly (which transaction ) I have call the base cost object which I created in kke1.

please let me know the steps I am trying this out.

Thanks

Srihari.G