cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best System Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please kindly tell me what is the best way to check SAP NW2004s under Windows 2003 Server... System Performance and DataBASE performance and system tuning

DB12 and ST02 but where should I check what level I check everyday!!! ?

If Table space is increase please how to resolved it...

I am creating one daily task to check system performance and report to managemnet please help me

Thank in Advanced

Angeline P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TA,

System Performance is of many things put gethere and assess the system performance and workload distribution.

And as whole system maitenance can be treated with Dialy Tasks, Weekly Tasks and Monthly (ofcourse Yearly if anything).

Daily Tasks would be -

Check the Work Process Status

Check the SAP System Check: SM28

Check the Updates : SM13

Check the System Log: SM21

Check Locks: SM12

Check Dumps: ST22

Check the Spool : SP01 (Probably Consistence Check)

Check the Average CPU utilization: ST06 as well at OS level

Check the Memory Utilization: ST06

Check the Memory Swaps: ST06

Check the Batch Job: SM37 (for failed Jobs)

All the above areas are to be checked everyday and take necessory action based the errors/failure that you see in your system.

Okay, If you are looking for some standard format of weekly SAP Systems Performance report, then I would suggest to configure Early Watch Alert Report (EWA) which basically reads your system and gives you detailed report of your system behavior for last 7 days and that you can certainly share with your management. But you require Solution Manager Implemented in your environment. If Solution manager not implemented, then if you have OSS connection open with SAP Service Market Place then you ask for SAP to prepare a report for you ....SAP helps in preparing the report send you across.

If Tablespace is filling up, then you need to configure Backup properly. And if backups happenning properly then please increase your tablespace area to address the issue. Basically a good data maintenance avoids this problem.

I hope this helps you to address your concerns.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sekher,

Thank for completed and full information provided, I really appricited, I am looking all other performance, and I will let you know

again thanks for you time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Some Tcodes to check system performance. STAD for business transaction analysis. Here you can see every things like database time , Roll in, Roll out , Wait time under every transaction. Then you can find out the solution. DB02 for database performance analysis. ST03n for Workload analysis.

Regards

ASADUZZAMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, appriciated it