cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from Search Help Selection are not transferred to ALV field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm dynamically populating 2 fields of an ALV row by selecting a value from the attached search help on another field.

All 3 values come from the search help which uses an exit program. For example, the search help selection has 3 values: Activity Type, Contract, Contract Item. User selects the Activity Type and the corresponding Contract no. and Contract item are transferred to the ALV fields.

The problem is, the transfer only happens the first time the ALV is displayed. in the application. On the subsequent display, the data from the search help won't transfer anymore.

Any idea how this may be fixed? What might I be missing? I set the ddic table/field, but it doesn't help.

Thanks,

Reyleene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Where is the code written when User selects the Activity Type and the corresponding Contract no. and Contract item are transferred to the ALV fields.?

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The 3 fields in ALV are attached to the same search help. The search help user exit gets the Contract No and Item associated to the Activity Type and displays the 3 values as a record line in the search help selection screen. (Some record lines may not have contracts, but only activity type). When the user selects an Activity type, all 3 fields in the ALV are dynamically populated. Unfortunately, this happens successfully only on the first time the ALV is displayed. When closed and displayed again, the contract values don't transfer.

Thanks,

Reyleene