cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding BW system as service in CE environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We recently have installed our CE environment, and as part of the usage of VC ....as per the requirements or steps mentioned on help.sap.com went ahead and selected the portal system template as system with dedicated application server and added the system along with the parameters mentioned by SAP.

Once we have finished it when I try to do a connection test it only gives me error "Connection error" and asking to look into connection parameters and user mapping.

We checked everything and is as per the details provided in the help.sap.com link.

Even then we keep getting the same error.

Is there a different process to install anything on the system prior to doing this. We currently are at SP20 in our BW system (BW 7.0).

Please let me know if there are any pre-requisite steps I am missing out.

Thanks

Dharma.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dharma,

Can you please name your exact version (including SP level)?

Do you use SAPLOGONTICKET or user mapping to connect to the BW server?

Thanks,

Netanel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for looking into the issue. I really appreciate it.

We are currently using CE (VC) 7.1 SR5.

Also, since the users are maintained in the NetWeaver system we do not use user mapping instead we are using SAPLOGONTICKET.

Either way with or without user mapping the connection test in CE portal runs fine as there are no errors anymore.

The problem is even though we are able to define a system connection in CE portal when it comes to nwa....when we try to create a destination the only two options available for us are "HTTP Connection" and "RFC Connection" and I don't think either of them are correct as it doesn't work out.

So, I am not sure where did we miss out on our configuration.

Also, in the VC environment we don't have the BI menu for NetWeaver BI system. So, pretty much we are stuck with no where to go in terms of development in terms of BW system.

Due to this even for ECC we are ending up using BAPI/RFC type instead.

Thanks in advance

Dharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

the issue has been resolved by defining a JCO RFC connection in NWA.

Thanks

Dharma.

Answers (0)