Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO to ECC (without java stack), BI (on NetWeaver), & Portal

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a client that wants to configure their SAP systems in such a way so that the users sign onto their Windows workstations, are authenticated by Windows Active Directory and from then on they can sign on directly to an ECC ABAP instance, a BI instance, and an SAP Portal without having to supply a user/password combination again. (We already have SSO setup for users access some BI reports through the Portal, but in this case we want to setup direct access to the ECC and BI systems without necessarily going through the Portal environment).

The servers are running HP-UX, the clients Windows XP, and the AD system is running under Windows 2003.

Is this possible without using a third-party tool and if so,can anyone point me to the appropriate documentation (I've done a lot of searching, but can't find anything).

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure this has been done before and often discussed here?

Take a look in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum for a general overview discussion of SSO. If you keep an eye out for the note numbers, terms used and those folks who contributed to it when searching, then I am sure will find plenty of infos to start with.

Specific vendor evaluation details and comparisons (outside of the technical realm) are generally not provided, as the 3rd parties are generally competitors...

Cheers,

Julius