cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accnt assignment validation in deleted item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It seems cost object validation is happening even for deleted items. In a PO with multiple items, if the line item with incorrect cost object details is deleted, still the system is not allowing us to order the PO. System is doing the validation for that deleted item and giving us the related error. Even if we put the Po on hold and then order it, still it is giving the same error. We are in SRM 4.0 using extended classisc scenario.

In case of shopping cart also, same thing is happening. But if we put the cart on hold, then we are able to order the cart.

It seems system is not refreshing the data in the buffer. Are there any notes to fix this? Please advise.

Thanks,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

System performing correct only. Real validation happens only while creating Purchase order.

for eg. you lock the cost center in ECC and create a sc and assign a SOS and it may not create a successful Purchase order.

are you expecting system to validate while create a cart ? then you may require enhancement to validate the piece of Financial data

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for replying.

In my case, validation is happening verywell. But my questions is, it is doing the validatiion even for "DELETED" items.

Sample scenario:

1. I have a PO with three items and each item has unique WBS element.

2. At the time of creating of PO, those WBS elements were in REL release status.

3. Now, WBS element associated with the third item of the PO is technically closed (TECO).

4. I want to make some changes to the second item of the PO and order it.

5. When I order the PO after making the changes, Po went to error in process as WBSE in third item is TECOed.

6. I deleted the third item of the PO and then order it

7. Even then it is going to error in process with the same error.

Not sure why it is still validating the cost details in deleted item. Please advise.

Thanks,

Arun

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SRM sometimes validates even unwanted data which is not required.

please create OSS message .

SRM register all the data and might be doing validation.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun

You can change the code in DOC_CHECK badi for PO where it is validating. If still you are unable to, send me your code and also the exact error you are getting, i can assist you.

BR/ Maron

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 840393 - Error when PO with deleted accounting line replicated to R/3

You have implemented the extended classic scenario. You have a PO with an item having multiple account assignment and the PO is replicated to R/3. Later change the PO in SRM and delete one of the accounting lines. However, the changed PO is not replicated to R/3.

Other terms

06410 06 410 Sum of quantities smaller than total quantity

Reason and Prerequisites

This is due to a program error.

Solution

Import the corresponding support package to correct this error. To correct the error in advance import the corresponding support package.

THIS NOTE HELPS YOU SINCE IT IS ALSO FOR SRM500

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this behavior is by design. The reason for validating the TECO-ed account for an unchanged item is that when transfering the document from SRM to backend ERP, the complete document is sent over, instead of the delta (the changes). Because of this, the whole document is validated in ERP, whose logic would then realize that one of the acct assignments is invalid and hence raising the error. SRM is then relaying the error to the front end user. There is no easy way of working around this behavior. One has to modify and implement BAdIs in ERP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have raised an OSS message for this issue. SAP has recomended us to implement the below notes:

-> 1000184:Account assignment error when document transfer to back end

-> 1069278:Error while transferring PO with deleted accounting line

-> 1060919:ECS:Incorrect backend account assignment category determined

-> 983495: Error while transferring changed accounting data to backend

-> 840393: Error when PO with deleted accounting line replicated to R/3

Will let you know the results after implementing these notes.

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess would be that these notes will not help you much, as they are not dealing with the actual problem you are having, which is that the system validates those items which are NOT changed, when transferring to the backend. However, this said, I see two benefits by applying these notes: 1) to proceed with the OSS message; 2) to fix some existing bugs with these notes.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is any note that is applicable for SRM 7.0 EHP1 we are having the same issue (Extended Classic Scenario). Please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

some addnl light on SRM account assignment check

http://www.saptechies.com/faq-account-assignment-system-response/

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Try with note 726982.

Best regards,

Mradul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun

Please check your DOC_CHECK badi for PO and change the condition statements of where the validation happens for deleted line items with acc. assignement.

Thanks

Maron.