Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials Master : Create/Change User exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any user exit for the Material Master data Create/change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi

I call RBDSEMAT to create Idocs when a materials is changed or created.

When i create a new material the idoc creation fails because the RBDSEMAT program can't find that specific material.

When i go back to the created material and save it the idoc gets created.

How can ensure that the function is only called after the material save is done?

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this

MGA00001

MGA00002

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

MGA00001 Material Master (Industry): Checks and Enhancements

MGA00002 Material Master (Industry): Number Assignment

MGA00003 Material Master (Industry and Retail): Number Display

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this Enhancement<b> MGA00001</b> and also Check these BADI's

<b>BADI_MATERIAL_CHECK

BADI_MATERIAL_OD

BADI_MATERIAL_REF </b>

regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi

I call RBDSEMAT to create Idocs when a materials is changed or created.

When i create a new material the idoc creation fails because the RBDSEMAT program can't find that specific material.

When i go back to the created material and save it the idoc gets created.

How can ensure that the function is only called after the material save is done?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally you should schedule a program that will pick all the Master data changed / created and send them as IDOCS. YOu can do the required configuration in SPRO

Unlike transaction data, Master data IDOCS are not triggered immediately, you will have to do the required configuration in SPRO.

Transaction SPRO

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -->

SAP Web application Server --> Application Link Enabling --> Modeling and Implementing Business Processes -->

Master Data distribution --> Replication of Modified Data --> Creating IDOCS from Change Pointers

Take a look at this thread.

Regards

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Ravi

So there is no other way to trigger material master idoc creation? The only way is to schedule a job. I only want materials of a certain company code and material type to be triggerd. The selection screen on RBDSEMAT and RBDMIDOC does not have these options.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do the filtering at the distribution model level.

Data Filtering:

Data filtering can be done in dustribution model where you can restrict whole IDOCS or partials IDOCS to be send based on data in fields inside IDOC depending on whether the segment in which you filter is at the highest level or at a lower level. For example in MATMAS if you put a filter of E1MARCM for a particular plant , only data for this plant will go and other plants will be ignored.

http://help.sap.com//saphelp_470/helpdata/EN/0b/2a611c507d11d18ee90000e8366fc2/frameset.htm

Take a look at this thread.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : please mark all the helpful answers and close the thread if the issue is resolved.

0 Kudos

Ravi

How do i exlude/limit fields in a Segment.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to do that in the BD64 transaction where you configure a distribution model and specify the source and target systems for the message types IDOCS that you are sending.

Take a look at BD64 and try creating a distribution model.

This for creating IDOCS only for specific data.

If you don't want specific data not to be sent, you need to create a REDUCED IDOC, that means you will have to copy the IDOC and delete whatever segments you don't want to send.

Regards,

Ravi

<b>Note: Please mark all the helpful answers </b>

Message was edited by: Ravikumar Allampallam

0 Kudos

Ravi

I did create a reduced IDOC. I still see the fieldnames that i excluded but the content is blank. Is that correct or can i get rid of it totally?

0 Kudos

If its alright for you having a blank field that should be fine. But if you want to get rid of the field, then you will have copy the segment also and create a new one with the fields removed and add this segment to the reduced IDOC.

But I guess the blank field will be just fine.

Regards,

Ravi