cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding enhancing a standard Web Dynpro Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would open a support ticket through my BASIS team (when i make it to my office tomorrow)
 as how advised by Thomas Jung but just thought to leave open a thread in here just in case someone got to
 have a similar experience elsewhere.

I am on ECC 6.0 EHP4 & am working on the SAP E-Recruitment module. I am trying to enhance the standard Web Dynpro Component

HRRCF_C_REGISTER_UI. I want to control the u201C enable u201D property of an existing u201C Register u201D button by binding it to a newly created

context nodes attribute. I do the binding, activate my enhancement implementation & my web Dynpro component as well. But when I

revisit the component, the bindings are gone and I see the buttons u201Cenabledu201D property as checked! I tried going through the forums but

couldnu2019t come across any matching threads. Please help me as to where I might be going wrong. Am going insane trying to analyze

what's going wrong as apart from this missing context binding all the rest of the layout modifications & custom methods are getting

reflected from the enhancement implementation.

Cheers,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Just thought to update you all with an update from Thomas...

Now that I read your description closer, what exactly is missing after the Enhancement?  The context
definition or just the bindings?  Are you changing bindings on an existing UI element? You canu2019t change the
 bindings of existing UI elements in Enhancement Mode.  The properties should be disabled. I just tested in 
my system.  You can only disable existing UI elements and add new ones in Enhancement Mode. You shouldnu2019t 
be able to do anything else. 

Generally to perform such an operation in Enhancement Mode, I would suggest disabling the existing Button 
and inserting a new button that links to the same action, but for which you can then control all the bindings.

Regards,

Uday