cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MICR font in Adobe Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on Adobe Form for A/P Check(Cheque) through F110 transaction. In Adobe Live cycle Designer(and in ADS), I don't see MICR font option in the list of available fonts. I know it's there in smartforms and Scripts. But how can I get the font in Adobe?

I already searched in the forum but didn't get any solution. I appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had this same issue....

Found reference in this post on adobe and another customer font that was not working. Just stopping and re-starting the Adobe services did not cause the new font to be available to the rendering engine.

We had to do a complete reboot as they suggested and it is working now as expected.

Jeff

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1) I can recommend you to move your question under SAP NetWeaver - Adobe forms, more people, more skilled on this field

2) Check if you have fonts installed correctly on your SAP system and on the Java system with ADS installed

3) Try a fast workaround and use font Myriad Pro in the form what helped me once with serious font problems.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gold, my response is in bold below

1) I can recommend you to move your question under SAP NetWeaver - Adobe forms, more people, more skilled on this field

I don't see any option to move the question to a different forum. Probably I need to repost to do that.

2) Check if you have fonts installed correctly on your SAP system and on the Java system with ADS installed

Yes, I followed the SAP Help documentation to configure MICR on ADS

3) Try a fast workaround and use font Myriad Pro in the form what helped me once with serious font problems.

Tried this and no issues with Myriad Pro Font

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found these 2 threads ( and ) which say that you might add your font in designer.xdc or design.xdc file in \usr\sap\<systemid>\SYS\global\AdobeDocumentServices\lib\, and for windows, you may install in /winnt/fonts

There is also some [documentation for XDC fonts in Adobe support website|http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href=001172.html]

For moving your thread, just click the abuse button just to contact the moderators and ask them to move the thread. Another solution is to close this thread, post a new question in the other forum with a link to this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra....Fonts are installed properly in ADS and local windows. But I think the issue is with assigning font to output device. Because, I can not print MICR font with SAPSCRIPT and Smartforms as well unless it's through JetForm( with Jetform it's working fine).

Even the MICR test with standrad text SAPSCRIPT-MICRTEST (SO10) is not working. Any more thoughts?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for sapscripts and smart forms, it is mandatory to install MICR font on the printer (see Note 94233 - Support of MICR font). I don't know JetForm software, maybe it generates a PDF and embeds the font into it, or converts this font into graphics...

I think ADS has not the same problem as sapscripts/smart forms.

Maybe it would be interesting to preview the PDF by logging on the application server, to see whether it is able to display the font (maybe it will be able to locate the font file correctly)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Sandra! Jetforms is a blackbox for me and I don't have access to it. But it does take data from the SAPSCIPT. I will try to find out how it is printing MICR.

I think if MICR font issue is resolved in SAPSCRIPT or Smartform then dealing with Adobe printing should not be a problem. I would just like to see MICR is working through any form in SAP other than Jetforms.

Also I am not sure how to check the preview of the PDF in application server(UNIX os).

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask your admin, maybe he will know how to preview it...

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you must install it on your computer like any other font. I don't know if you may find some free MICR true type fonts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your response. I tried configuring the font in ADS. And also I copied the font at this location; C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Resource\Font. But it still doesn't work out.

Any more ideas on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your response. I tried configuring the font in ADS. And also I copied the font at this location; C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Resource\Font. But it still doesn't work out.

Any more ideas on this?

Edited by: Sam J on Nov 16, 2009 5:57 PM

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please copy the true type font file in the windows\font directory. I tested it, I can now choose this new font from Adobe Livecycle Designer (from SFP).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra.....now I can see in the PDF preview( only in Designer..not in actual print preview of the form ) after copying the font in to Windows directory. When I try to print the form, it's showing up as normal font. Output Device is surely configured because, MICR gets printed when I use Jetforms but not through Adobe.

Any more ideas on this?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess it has to be handled within ADS, in the same manner (ADS probably embeds the whole font within the PDF file). I don't have any idea how it works in ADS, check the ADS manuals or ask your admins. You may also check whether this question has been asked in the Adobe Interactive forms forum or in the Netweaver Administration forum. And when you get the answer, please give a feedback, thx!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I have already got it installed in ADS based on the SAP Help: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/d0/cdf29623c8432fa1545df5f43176de/content.htm

So, I have it configured at OS level and ADS level. Probably I am missing something in SAP side itself. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I have already got it installed in ADS based on the SAP Help: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/d0/cdf29623c8432fa1545df5f43176de/content.htm

So, I have it configured at OS level and ADS level. Probably I am missing something in SAP side itself. Any ideas?