cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent : Discrepancy in generated Public Part Archive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue with the generation of the public part archive of a DC. This is a part of a business package. In this DC, there is a class file which has been added to its public part. But this class file is not available in the generated public part archive of this DC. There are other classes in the same package which are available. Also, this DC does not have any build errors.

There are many other DCs dependent on this DC which are getting broken because this particular class is not avaiable in the jar of the public part archive.

I have checked the DC definition archive, interface archive and the deployable archive and this class file exists in all of them. The PublicPartFileList.xml of the DC interface archive also has the entry for this file. What could be the problem? Is there a way I can regenerate the public part archive?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

you can easily regenerate the public part archive by triggering a rebuild of the DC (via CBS WebUI or by starting a Development Component build in the IDE).

I'm not sure if that will help, though. You say that the PublicPartFileList.xml contains an entry for that file, but that the Jar file in that public part does not contain the file? That sounds as if the information for the public part was collected, but during packaging something went wrong. Is there a warning in the build log in the area of public part creation?

Best regards,

Marc

Message was edited by: Marc Wirth

P.S.: Is there more than one public part and you maybe had a look at the wrong PublicPartFileList.xml? These files are generated during build and are specific to public parts. DC Information archives only contain metadata of the DC, never build results.