cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iTime Clock java user exit implementation and deployment

steve_regan
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to make a change in iTime Clock java user exit. I imported the jar file into eclipse, and then I implemented the class for the user exit within the jar file. I then replaced the jar file on server and restarted the iTime Clock application. The application does not appear to be running my version of the user exit. How do I deploy java changes in iTime Clock?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you went to the iTime Clock Administration configuration page http://<J2EEHOST>:<J2EEHTTPPORT>/itcadmin/admin/Config.do and specified your user exit class name in the "ExportToExternalImplementationName" setting at the bottom section "Custom Pre-Pay Calculation Configuration".

Check your <J2EE-DIR>/cluster/server0/itc/ folder (example: C:\usr\sap\F02\JC30\j2ee\cluster\server0\itc) to see if the setting was saved in CustomCalcDef.properties. If you don't see the file CustomCalcDef.properties there, then manually create it with an entry like (example shown here):

ExportToExternalImplementationName=com.sap.itc.admin.schedtask.MyExportCalcResultToExternal

If you had to manually create/save this setting in CustomCalcDef.properties, then restart the application itcadmin in order for the setting to take effect.

steve_regan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Josephine,

Thanks for your response...

Your assumption is correct.....I have gone to the Config page and have set the user exit class name in the "ExportToExternalImplementationName" field.

ExportToExternalImplementationName=com.sap.itc.admin.schedtask.ExportCalcResultExit2

I have implemented the ExportCalcResultExit2 class (implements IExportExit) in the com.sap.itc.admin.schedtask package within the sap.comisitcadminjavaassembly.jar file. I have replaced the jar file on server at usr\sap\BPD\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\isitcadminapp\servlet_jsp\itcadmin\root\WEB-INF\lib. I have also tried replacing this jar file within the war file found at usr\sap\BPD\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\isitcadminapp\servlet_jsp\itcadmin\sap.comisitcadmin~web.war.

When I trying the export to external system....I get the following error message in the log...

(4000)Printing exception stack trace

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.itc.admin.schedtask.ExportCalcResultExit2

The application does not seem to recognize my class that I have attempted to implement. Is there something that I need to do to register this new class?

ashish_bansal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Please check and confirm that the new class file 'com.sap.itc.admin.schedtask.ExportCalcResultExit2' is present in the new jar that you created.

Replacing the jar 'sap.comisitcadminjavaassembly.jar' in the WEB-INF\lib shall be sufficient.

I tried the same in my local envt and it worked for me.

Regards,

Ashish....

steve_regan
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have found my problem. I was doing everything correctly...except with my attempts to restart the application, I was clicking on the "Restart Application" button on the <J2EEHOST>:<J2EEHTTPPORT>/itcadmin/admin/Config.do page. I don't know if this button is supposed to work or not but it didn't do anything for me. I had to use the "SAP Netweaver Administrator" application to stop and start the application. After doing this my user exit worked.

Answers (0)