cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Installation automation - commandline parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m new here and don´t know if this is the right forum, but here´s my question: (maybe you can point me to the right one then)

I need to automate the netweaver 7.1 Developer Studio Installation for software distribution via SCCM.

After hours of searchin on SAP sites I´m still not able to find something on this, what I thought would be a easy to find and good documentet thing....

Hopefully you can help me out on this.

I just need an overview to the commandline parameters for the sapinst.exe and maybe some examples/explanations.

The setup have to be without user input so that I can distribute it to the clients silently.

The command "sapinst.exe -h " isn´t very helpful... :-((

-

-

Program is starting... Please wait!

Usage:

C:...sapinst.exe -nogui --nogui -noguiserver --noguiserver -accessible --accessible -b -buildtime --buildtime -h -help --help -p -properties --properties -v -version --version SAPINST_PROPERTY startupfile

Exit status of child: 1

-

-

Any help on this would be very appreciated !!!

Regards

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any way to install SAP unattended easily w/o recording SAPGUI steps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HEEEEEEELP !!!!

I really need some help on this !

Couldn´t anybody give me eventually some input???

Former Member
0 Kudos

To run 'sapinst' in an automated way see SAP note 950619. Basically will need to record 'sapinst' menu selections up to "Parameter Summary" screen and then issue 'sapinst' command with a series of parameters to use previously recorded options.

Good Luck !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunatally I don´t have the time now to test this, but it looks very promising to me.

If I tested it, I give you another answer.

Thanks again and greedings,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP note 950619 indeed helps a lot regarding unattended installation. I could successfully automize the installation of the SCS installation. But now I have an issue with the installation of the database instance. There are additional packages (like e.g. J2EE-INST) required. When providing the package path via "start_dir.cd" file stored in the sapinst folder (as mentioned in the SAP note) this file is not used during the installation.

Do you have any hints on how to get the pre-configured "start_dir.cd" file into use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it seems that we have the same problem. We get the following error message:

ERROR 2011-10-10 08:34:55.513 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:950]

FCO-00011 The step loadInstallationExportCDs with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_ABAP_Import_CD_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|loadInstallationExportCDs was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :An empty package path was returned by the CD server.(Requested package : EXPORT1 )).

Wie placed the file sap_dir.cd in the current working direktory (the one we are when we execute the sapinst command). We also tried different locations, like the directory of the sapinst - but without success. There is also a parameter "SAPINST_PACKAGES_URL: we tried to use it to point to the sap_dir.cd file, but then we encountered a dtd is missing error.

Do you have any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcus

I get the same dtd error, were you able to find a solution to resolve the dtd error.

Naresh

bill_cheng
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Naresh,

the dtd error is because you set SAPINST_PACKAGES_URL=start_dir.cd.

you should not set this to a cd file.

by default,

SAPINST_PACKAGES_URL=packages.xml

so it must be xml schema file.

i got the same error message if i set SAPINST_PACKAGES_URL=start_dir.cd.

if i delete this argument, the error will not show up.

best regards,

Bill Cheng

bill_cheng
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Markus,

i got the same error as yours.

i am able to resolve by following the note.

open cmd line from windows, cd to SAPINST_CWD folder.

e.g., SAPINST_CWD=C:\sapinst

cd C:\sapinst

copy start_dir.cd to C:\sapinst folder.

the C:\sapinst folder should be only one start_dir.cd file.

then run->

D:\$temp\SWPM10SP06\sapinst.exe SAPINST_PARAMETER_CONTAINER_URL=D:\Unattended\inifile.xml SAPINST_EXECUTE_PRODUCT_ID=NW_ABAP_CI:NW730.ORA.PIHA SAPINST_CWD=C:\sapinst SAPINST_SKIP_DIALOGS=true -nogui -noguiserver

the C:\sapinst\start_dir.cd file will not be overwritten in this case and sapinst will be proceeding well.

best regards,

Bill Cheng