cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport status as "outdated"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We created a new track for our new developments.

Now this Track is growing with number of different DC Projects,

At the same time we are having some changes on each DC project after testing which we are creating the transport request and going through check-out check-in procedure.

Now sometime I have been experienced with transport status as "outdated".

Why the status is display as "outdated" for some of the transport and how to solve this problem.

In my case, I should not follow the sequence of the transport unless it is same DC project.

Regards

Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWDI marks a request as outdated when it detects a newer version of the same assembly. This is not a problem but a feature, preventing you from importing requests that don't need to be imported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thank you for your reply.

Letu2019s take oneExample, suppose in a single track we are having two WebDynpro DC projects, DCProj1 and DCproj2 and both are in prd system.

Now there is some changes in DCproj1 and Transport moved to QA for testing, and now there is some moreUrgent changes in DCproj2 and want to move immediately to prd system. Now DCproj1's transport not able to move to prd system, right? will it say "outdated"?

Do i need to maintain each DC project in the separate software components.

I'm not clear about these, please explain.

Regards

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Assembly stage entire SCs are built, including all transports that have been successfully imported into the Consolidation stage.

So yes, it will say outdated, BUT... The changes to DCproj1 are part of the assembly for the DCproj2 changes, if they are in the same SC! If you do not want this dependency, you'll have to put the DCs in different SCs.

Kind regards,

Pascal

Edited by: Pascal Willemsen on Nov 18, 2009 8:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mod: Please remove this double-post.

Edited by: Pascal Willemsen on Nov 18, 2009 8:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mod: Please remove this double-post.

Edited by: Pascal Willemsen on Nov 18, 2009 8:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again.

My problem is at the Approval part, I mean waiting for Approval ( i.e when it is portal QA) , here we need to give more priority on the other, to move it in prd system. Here we not able to move the transport in sequence.

So in my scenario which option will be good, either we need to create new SC for each DCproject or simply move even it gets outdated

Do we have option to move outdated transport to prd, if it is valid?

Regards

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you even cannot import an outdated transport: The SDM/JSPM of the target runtime system will refuse this, if a newer version of the SC has been imported already.

Your best option is to use multiple SCs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you even cannot import an outdated transport: The SDM/JSPM of the target runtime system will refuse this, if a newer version of the SC has been imported already.

Former Member
0 Kudos