cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add temp. server(rehearsal) to trans. domain, same SID as prdn srvr?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

We are conduction a number of GoLive on a rehearsal server that was built as a clone of our production server

that is the SAME SID.

So my delema is that I would like to transport the entire set of configurations that we have been working on for about several months to this new Rehearsal server. I can see all the transports, and it is easy enought to move any new ones and add them to the que of this new server however, How can I do one of the following

1. Join this new server to STMS ?

we have ECD(dev) ECQ(qas) and ECP(prdn) and ECP(rehearsal)

NOTE: the rehearsal server is different server name and IP address

2. OR>>> be able to transport to this new server as I can see all the transports, BUT it seems that when I attempt to do the transports I get a logon screen which indicates trying to access the REAL Production server

Any strategies? advise?

Thanks,

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a Z program the fit our needs but this is propieraty code I can not share:

Its build around Function TMS_MGR_FORWARD_TR_REQUEST if you are a fast abaper , you can write it yourself

if you have access to the command prompt you could also create a script or batch

tp addtobuffer <TPNR> CLIENT=<CLNT>

tp -h might also help to get the right syntax.

here is the saphelp:

[tp addtobuffer command help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/3d/ad5b744ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

her is an example[http://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/66222-shell-scripting-bulk-transports-unix.html]

for unix.

are you able to find that out yourself ? If not maybe open a new question, i guess this answer is already long enough

did it work for 1 transport?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

BTW Nico

it did work for one actually many transports...

I will have posted another message under SAP on SQL Server to see if anyone knows of a better/faster way to load the whole lot (over 2000 transports) up into the que... else this will take me forever!

thanks again

if you have any other ideas would appreciate...

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

i think already i gave some explaination on this one:

if you have access to TP command on os level , a simple excel can help

look at the help here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/3d/ad5b744ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

then create an excel:

A B C D

tp addtobuffer TPNR CLNT=xxx? SID CLNT=100 pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_QE1.PFL

concatentate all in 1 cel and save this file as txt file

check content , should look like:

tp addtobuffer BLABLALBA1.SID SID CLNT=100 pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_QE1.PFL

tp addtobuffer BLABLALBA2.SID SID CLNT=100 pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_QE1.PFL

tp addtobuffer BLABLALBA3.SID SID CLNT=100 pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_QE1.PFL

copy past these commands in cdt /( usr/sap/trans/bin)

SMTS Q should now be filled with these transports

normally you don't need the u mode

here is an example for unix, but it might be usefull on Wintel also:

http://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/66222-shell-scripting-bulk-transports-unix.html

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is possible .. we already use it for a long time

1) you can not use TMS, 2 id's with same name = big NONO

2) you will have to stick with the old tools

todo:

1) create a seperate /usr/sap/ trans (ex /usr/sap/transcopy/

2) adapt the parameters on the copy to reflect this

copy the data and cofiles you need to the copy

run the old tools:

tp addtobuffer

tp import

for the imports

you could also create a local config: delete tms config with SE06, craete a local config.

lelt me know if yuo need more info

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

So are you indicating that I don't need to do the system copy?

and if you could email more detail instructions as I am not used to using the backend instructions

SAP ECC 6.0 running on win 2003 SQL 2005

maria

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need a system copy, but not a rename...

if you are not familiar with tp command, you maybe better use the SE06 solution

separate transdir is very important.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't understand

system copy, without a rename?

Ok...now I think I'm really confused

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Nico,

are you indicating to go to the backend, create another transport directory

ie.

1. /usr/sap/sid/temptrans

2. copy all data and co files here

and how will the system know to look in this directory? and what do you mean to make this system with same SID a standalone?

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

why?

you already have to copy... that's a system copy right?

Lets say the SID= E4P

you copied the DB, profils, ... with name E4P , keeping E4P

you know have 2 times E4P : 1 real production(E4P) , 1 copy(E4P)

on the copy:

- altler the parameters DIR_TRANS to the new directory (do this FIRST !!!)

- you delete the tms config: SE06 and you create a local setup

- check the TP config files

- copy the data cofile's to the copy

Rgds

Nico

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes that is correct, I did an install on NEW server using extract from PRDN server installing to NEW server with SAME SID

Now transport system is confused when I attempt to do transports to NEW server

we have

Server A with SID ECP(prdn)

Server B with SID ECP(rehearsal GoLive)

We want to take all our config and do a dry run onto Server B before the actuall golive to Server A

However the problem is that I cannot (as indicated in my threads above as the system tries to log me into SERVER A , prdn, no no no)

I understand you instructions then...

You wrote....

*on the copy:*

*- altler the parameters DIR_TRANS to the new directory (do this FIRST !!!)*

*- you delete the tms config: SE06 and you create a local setup*

*- check the TP config files*

*- copy the data cofile's to the copy*

Do I not need to create a new transport directory on this server?

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are almost there:

first create on server B a new trans dir: / usr/sap/transcopy

alter the parameters on this server ( DIR_TRANS -> /usr/sap/transcopy, check for other parameters in DIR_TRANS/bin )

SE06 -> option 2 ( copy) execute

TMS -> configure a local domain controller

if you now copy the data and cofiles, you should be able to import the transports on serverB.

Rgds

Nico

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh Nico, you're brilliant...

let me give it a try and we'll get back to you!!!

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Nico

after that...

I get that I am logged onto the domain controller?

and The TMS configuration is inconsistent?

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

No worries:

From the domain controller push the config back to the system that is not ok. ( check the system in red in system overview)

You must have updated parts of the TMS config by accident from serverB.

This means you have not "cleaned" everything properly: check the profiles again on serverB : both sap and TP paramaters

Check all files in TRANS_DIR/bin

You really have to isolate serverB before deleteing the tmsconfig. and recreating the config.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh great...

that seemed to work, now on Server B all I have is transport domain as ECP (new server) BUT, is there a quick way to add ALL those transports ? or do I have to do them manually?

yikes

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know you can't set 2 systems with the same SID in TMS.

I think you should do a Homogeneous system copy and change the SID to your test production system.

Regards

Juan

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Homogeneous system copy using sapinstall to re-install? or ??

Not clear

maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, to be able to change SID you need to do an Homogeneous system copy that is done using sapinst to reinstall system using an offline backup from the source system.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

That's what I was afraid of.

I was just trying it out while you were replying...

and I was at ...(on sapinstall)

SAP ERP 2005 Support Release2 --> Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks --> System Copy --> Target System --> Central System --> Based on AS ABAP --> Central System Installation

I have already done this step, but had installed the SID on this new server with the same SID as that on the production server.

I guess no other choices

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the Homogeneous system copy guide please.

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Juan said, it is necesary to read the guide. Basically you do first the option source system in System copy, delete the old installation and install again using target system option in System Copy. If database is not that big it should not take too many hours. As per my experience the most consuming time during system copy using the offline backup is the time the restore takes. Other than that it is pretty straight forward and quick.

What OS / DB are you using?

Good luck

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I kinda just hit a glnch... I thought I knew the ddic password in client 000 (in source system) now forgotten, before I lock it I tried to use my userid/psswd in client 000 (in source system) and I locked myself out

is there any way to unlock ddic password? I know there is a way to do the SAP*

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

alter parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0

delete sap*:

delete from SCHEMA.usr02 where Bname=sap* and mandt=000 (you find information enough on this topic i guess)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My 2 cents would be to keep the new server strictly separate. Otherwise the screw-up possibilities are huge. If you need to transport to that server, then just create the transports and release them, maybe remove them from the queue of your default landscape. Copy the data and cofile manually to the new server's trans directory. Then add the requests there and import.

Cheers Michael

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I totally agree with you , I am trying to keep them separate, however when I installed I used the same SID as the existing production .

Now my dilema is to actually do the transports for the dry run, and I think the Rehearsal server que thinks it is to transport to the prduction server, because I choose to keep the same SID....

When I try to do the transport to the rehearsal server I get the login prompt indicating the server (server name) is that of the production server....

How can I change that?

I hope I don't have to re-install with a DIFFERENT SID?

maria