cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop users saving and printing PO's in the portal print preview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I stop users from being able to print preview a PO as a PDF in the portal then being able to save or print the PO before its authorised. Can the toolbar that has the print and save buttons be removed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never tried this. I don´t know if that is possible. So i thought you would like to have a workaround instead of nothing. And i ask myself if it is a good idea. If the process schema which needs this toolbar to be disabled is right. Maybe a user should not see the form at all. Good luck with the scripting research, Otto

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably there is not a solution. Like in these threads (although that is not the same) : .

If your form were SFP based, there is NOPRINT option somewhere in the generation process if I remember well. Maybe there is something for WD, but you would have to call that explicitely. In Java WD (I have absolutely no knowledge of Java WD) you have to explicitely set the form to be interactive. Maybe this "set" method can be used for other right as well...?

But... the standard workaround is to use a watermark: Place a big "not approved yet" on your form which you hide only if the form is approved. With this watermark the user can print it, but cannot use reasonably.

Hope this helps, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, did you get your answer and solve the problem? If so, please close the thread and share your solution and experience with us so the other members of the community benefits from that too. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otto, sorry but we haven't found an answer.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hiding the toolbar is definitely possible and just search on SCN and you should get your solution.

But a thing to note is that if you disable the toolbar from WD in your application it's going to disable it for all Adobe based applications and also the user can still press F8 and get the toolbar back.

As per my understanding it is not possible to disable just the print/save buttons of toolbar.

Chintan

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can recommend placing some text on the background, e.g. "PO not authorised". By default, the text is visible and will be seen or printed. If the PO is in the desired new state, you can use scripting to hide this text. I think that should suffice. Hope this helps, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isn't there anyway of hiding the toolbar?

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you can hide the toolbar, wddomodiviewview --> get the handler of the adobe ui-element, method set_hide_toolbars

br

norbert