cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Begginer:How to export my web dynpro content to another server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,everyone:

We have two server,we developed the web dynpro content in the netweaver studio and depolied it to j2ee engine,and config portal content in the content administrator ,it work correctly in server1.

We want transfer our content to another server2,include web dynpro content (.ear) and portal content(.epa),how can we completed?

We export the portal content(*.epa) and import it to server2 ,this procedure is corrected,and how to export web dynpro content from server1 and import it to server2?

Regards,

ree fish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ree,

From you Developer studio,

Go to windows >> preferferance >> SAP Engine

First provide server1 ipadress and deploy the file. Then change the ip address to server2 and deploy.

Hope it reslove your problem

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

PS: reward points if it sloves your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

We can't connect to server2 by the network,so we can't deploy the ear-file to server2 by NWDS.

Hi Achim :

Base of your idea,where can we find web dynpro deploy content and it's directory,

i can't found it through "find function...".

I assume it is "\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\root\origin",but can't found my *.ear file.

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ree,

either you take it from your development-computer (go to your workspace directory, then change to the project-folder, there is the .ear file)

or you take it from the deployed development system. then you'll find it at:

\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\<your namespace/applicationname>

or at

\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\root\origin\local\<appname>\... (curiuos, you don't find it there)

anyway, you have to transfer it to the target-system manually (e.g. via filesystem)

kr, achim

ps: maybe, it's no .ear, it could be a .wda as well

Message was edited by: Achim Hauck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archim,

I found the file by the directory you offer,the problem solve.But i still have a question,may i complete this deploy by using Making Utilities.

The correlative help contents of SAP offered are under these :

Packaging Portal Transport Archives (Scenario II)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d6/772240da03e569e10000000a155106/content.htm

Creation of SDA and SCA Archives

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a3/782240da03e569e10000000a155106/content.htm

Message was edited by: ree fish

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ree,

for my understanding, you can use this tools to make <b>one</b> archive out of your two (portal export & web dynpro) so that you only have to eploy one archive.

it's your point of view, what is more effort

kr, achim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ree,

without the NWDI, you have to transport the ear-file of your wd-application manually to the target system and deploy it there again.

this can be done:

a) deploy it from your NWDS to the target system by changing the "SAP J2EE Engine" settings in Preferences

b) copy the .ear file from your NWDS-computer or the development-source system from the file system to the filesystem of the target server and deploy it there locally with SDM

kr, achim