Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input File Format

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ppl,

i am pushing xml data to BW from messaging system.

So created an xml data source and RFC Enabled Function Module in BW. Imported the RFC Function module in BW.

I have defined a data type with flat structure.In case of mapping,i have flat structure as my source message in design tab and the xml structure(with several tags like data,item) as the RFC Message.

FOr instance

My mapping would be like,

Message_Type

Name

No

RFC-FunctionModule name

Datasource

Data

item

Name

No

Here i have mapped Message_Type with the RFC-function module name and name with name and No with No.

I have assigned DataSource with a constant value.

Now my doubt is what should i do for Data and Item tag.

If i leave it blank then i am not getting any Data in the test tab.

Please Help me out.

Let me know if i have done sth wrong.

Thanks and Regards

rahul

Message was edited by: rahul kharya

Message was edited by: rahul kharya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Message_Type

Name

No</i>

You don't seem to have a root element at all at the source.

<i>Message_Type

<b><root></b>Name

No

<b></root>[/</b>i]

This might be the cause of the problem.

The data and item fields can be left without mapping, since the occurence is not 1.

Regards,

Smitha.

Message was edited by: Smitha Rao

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot.I have assigned item and data as blank value.then it worked.My doubt is under test tab, the source code contains the following statement.

Can i discard this statement and execute the mapping?

Meaning, i should be able to send the attribute values

without namespaces and xml tags. Is it possible?

<ns:Test_MT xmlns:ns="http://xi">

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when u create the message type remove the xml name space from the XML Namespace column.

regards

jithesh

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

without namespace its writing a blank record. Even in mapping test, its not displaying the attributes and values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i><ns:Test_MT xmlns:ns="http://xi"></i> cannot be discarded.

Regards,

Smitha

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, i removed the namespace and it worked. i need some clarifications. Its working only if i send it in xml format.i tried to send the values alone,its returning mapping exception execute error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u cant send the values,XI can understand only XML format.so if u have send the value then it has to be sent in XML format.

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

y don u try mapping the data and item with a constant without value.Check if the occuracne is 1,then it has to occur then map the values to constant without value.

regards

jithesh

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

u mean empty as a constant value for data and item.Since the data is empty it is not showing the item and fields in the test. Occurence is 0..1 for data and 0...Unbounded for item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i didnt mean empty as a contant value,in the mapping choose constant function and chose the value constant,double click in it and delete the value there.so the fields will occur but they wont have any value.leave the constant blank.

Anyways the occurance is 0..ub and 0..1 so even if u don map any fields,it wont matter.

regards

jithesh