cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with language translation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We recently went live in BSP. We are getting some problem with language translations. Please provide your valuable suggestions. The problem is users are accessing the BSPs from Enterprise Portal. Sometimes if user changes the language option in the IE to Hungarian etc., they are not able to see the SUBJECT lines in the UWL. we are displaying these subject lines in work flow.

Please read the below lines in the user's words.

So I would like to know is there any language settings need to be maintained for other languages in the Portal or BSP?

Appreciate your help.

The descriptions are often missing from the subject field in BSP when the language is set to Hungarian within the Internet Explorer. Instead of telling the usual things e.g. "Approval request to create..." and the full customer name the system shows the request number only. It seems that the customer master related workflow requests are affected. If the language is set English, it is working fine The problem can be eliminated by setting the language to English of course, but not all of our colleagues speak English so the problem should be solved.

Regards,

Naveen Veshala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your early replies. I know abt OTR's. But i can't able to use OTR here. because we are constructing this subject line dynamically in the BSP and passing to workflow, that will be displayed in the Portal. So i can't able to use the OTR.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Actually there is no reason why you can't access OTR texts from within coding as well. Just use the class CL_BSP_GET_TEXT_BY_ALIAS.

Also if you are within an area of coding that has access to the runtime object (page event handler for instance), you can access OTR text with the method GET_OTR_TEXT.

However if you are constructing the text objects within a model or controller class, you can just use standard ABAP translatible text elements (ie text-nnn).

All of these approaches can then be translated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

you can use <b>OTR</b> objects for language independancy. OTR allows you to make your BSP application look differently in different languages (in terms of visible texts and lables).

You have to define OTR bojects in <b>SE80</b> and then you have to translate it in <b>SE63</b>.

Then you can use the defined OTR in your application.

refer to the <b>weblog</b>:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/04/15/bsp-howto-exploring-bsp-development-with-mvc-4

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OTR is the best solution for that. Go through the weblog given by Pragya.

Regards,

Azaz Ali.