cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation on child WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using free coding mask and want to validation for child WBS element on account assignment tick.

Like for child WBS element ,Account assignment should be tick otherwise system sould throw an error .kindly note that we are using free coding mask so that in project hierarchy is not defined .it can be 4,5,9,10 anything .

How can I create the validation for this condition .

Regards

RSS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you wanted to make certain Child WBS Element as Account Assigned than the same is possible via Level. But you told that Project Hierarchy is not defined than best option is to control the same at Project profile level as Kabir pointed.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for reply .But my actual requirement is only as I explained .We cant use tick account assignment on all WBS.Only child WBS should be tick for account assignment .

Regards

Rama Shanker Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are planning to have the check at specific child level WBS, then you can set using level as already suggested by Nitin. So you can say that if level > or = 2 always chk the account assignment.

If you want to set it at specific level then define it for that levels i.e. if level =3 or level =4 or level = 7 or level = 9 then chk account assignment.

You need to have some logic, for setting validation.

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want only the child WBS to be account assigned?

Its best practice to make all WBS as account assignment elements. You can do the same for project profile in OPSA by ticking on 'All acct asst element'. And then make account assignment element as required field for WBS using Tcode OPUK.

Regards,

Kabir