cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII services and modes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I found that xMII provides services that can be executed through HTTP (e.g. XMII/Illuminator?Service=XXX&Mode=YYY). Would somebody say where I could find full list of available services and appropriate modes?

Thanks.

Alexander.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps a bit out of date but some of the key use cases are still relevant:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Connectors/IlluminatorSystemConnector.htm

matthias_prller
Participant
0 Kudos

Just a little additional question: Do I have a chance to get this as an xml-file? (And if so: how?)

I tried &ContentType=text/xml but it didn't work.

Thanks,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Try &Content-Type=text/xml, it must work!

Thanks all! I've even make a some sort of xMII service browser, but because only some services support ModeList query, it almost useless.

Edited by: A.Andreev on Nov 19, 2009 10:25 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander,

as far as I know there is no complete list of services with their modes. However, there are some starting points.

In the MII 11.5 help there is an interesting page about the [SystemInfo|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Connectors/IlluminatorSystemConnector.htm]. (First link was wrong...that happens if yo do not test...)

If you are using MII 12.x, open the Security Services and the System Security There you will find services which you can assign to your roles. Its a list of services, and some of the services support the parameter "mode=ModeList". If you use it in a URL like you have described "XMII/Illuminator?Service=XXX&Mode=ModeList", you'll find out more about it modes. However, not all services will answer to the ModeList...

If you ever find a list or set up one yourself, please post it!

Michael

Edited by: Michael Otto on Nov 16, 2009 3:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!