cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have updated an Idoc segment with a new field. I need to import the newly updated IDoc in Integration Builder.

My question is, there is mapping for the previous version of Idoc and if i import the updated IDoc again will the mapping be erased off? Do I need to do the mapping again for the whole thing or only for the newly added fields in the segment?

Thanks,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for the reply. I have successfully imported the updated Idoc. Do I need to again select imported IDoc the Source Message in the Message mapping?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,you have to..otherwise its not possible to see chnages,one morething backup your message mapping..if in worst case if you lose mapinh,then you can refer backup message mapping,back in the sense just copy the same with test like that

Regards,

Raj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The existing mapping will be retained only if the new node is added as the last node in the parent node.

Old IDOC:

<IDOC>

<Person>

<FirstName>

<LastName>

</Person>

</IDOC>

New IDOC:

<IDOC>

<Person>

<FirstName>

<LastName>

<MiddleName

</Person>

</IDOC>

In the above case mapping wont be lost

Regards,

Abhishek.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is the exact same IDoc type and only there are additions and deletions to fields, you shouldnt have any issues with the mapping. The previous mapping will be retained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am very much sure about this.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you import changed version of IDoc in to PI,i dont think so your mapping will lost,if you change the hierarchy or root element then only your mapping might lost,if you are using PI7.1 you can recover/avoid the losing mapping.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The whole mapping will not be erased, instead you have to do mapping only for that newly added field.

-Tanaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. Are you sure about this?