Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu and Transaction roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are currently using separate roles for menu and for transactions... both of them composite roles

Meaning that when we assign only transaction roles the user get a list of transaction in a unstructured way in the user menu ..... assigning both roles .. menu and transactions .. they merge and users get on the top of the user menu a structured "tree" for the trasactions but additional in the botton there is a list of the whole list of transactions granted to him/her.

In some cases I would like to show the transactions only once...in the structured way ....There is some option to hide the list of transactions of the simple roles shown to the users?....

I will appreacite any idea regarding this topic.

Thanks in advance,

FedeX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you just put the transactions in folders which represent your menu structure?

That way you wouldn't have to have 2 roles.

Alternatively have a look at the possible entries in SSM_CUST, there are some config entries which could help with the arrangement. Ultimately I would say that your best option is to use the standard SAP menu or read in the transactions into the composite role and arrange in appropriate structures.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you just put the transactions in folders which represent your menu structure?

That way you wouldn't have to have 2 roles.

Alternatively have a look at the possible entries in SSM_CUST, there are some config entries which could help with the arrangement. Ultimately I would say that your best option is to use the standard SAP menu or read in the transactions into the composite role and arrange in appropriate structures.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Alex,

Setting in SSM_CUST the parameter CONDENSE_MENU with YES give me the structure or result that we wanted.

Thanks again for your feedback and help

FedeX

Edited by: FedeX on Nov 16, 2009 4:44 PM