cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Payee / Alternate Payer for Manual Outgoing/Incoming Payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement of using alternative payee or payer for AP/AR transactions. As I understand, in the master data, we do have that field in the section of automatic outgoing/incoming payment transactions and we can define the alternate payer/payee there.

In the general data view, alternative payer/payee field is also available. However, if I am using manual outgoing / incoming payment, it doesn't allow me to allocate the payable / receivable to alternative payer / payee.

How to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

krishnakishore_gaddam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 3 available options in SAP 4.0 onwards

-Alternative payee

-Alternative payee in document

-Permitted payee

Alternate Payee: The Alternative payee field is available on the vendor master data screen on two different screens: the general payment transaction screen and the company code specific payment screen of the vendor. If an alternative payee is entered, all payments to a vendor are issued to the alternative payee. If the alternative payee is filled in both screens, general payment transaction and company code-specific payment transaction screen the company code-specific payee has priority. Upon invoice entry (FB60), the user cannot see whether an alternative payee is assigned to the vendor. Since the vendor address on the screen does not change, the user has to go to the vendor master data and verify that the correct alternative payee is assigned to the vendor. Otherwise, a payment can be issued to the wrong payee address.

Alternative Payee in Document: This option is similar to the one-time vendor invoice and payment functionality in AP. Here, however, the user has the option to enter an alternate address or bank information into the invoice, whereas for one-time vendors, this information must always be filled in. To allow Alternative payee in document information to be entered, the Individual spec. box must be checked in the payment transaction screen of the vendor master data. Once the Alternative payee in document information is allowed for a vendor, the Individual payee checkbox is available during invoice entry on the Payment tab of the invoice. If you check the Individual payee box, a new screen pops up that allows you to enter alternative address or bank information specific to this invoice.

Permitted Payee: This option allows the assignment of multiple permitted payees to the same vendor. First, permitted payees need to be assigned in the vendor master data and then chosen during invoice entry. Permitted payees can be assigned in the general payment transaction screen in the vendor master data, and are therefore valid for all company codes. Once you click on the Permitted payee button, a second screen appears that allows multiple permitted payees to be assigned to the vendor. Once the Alternative payee in document information is allowed for a vendor, the Individual payee checkbox is available during invoice entry on the Payment tab of the invoice. The user must choose the correct payee address manually from the permitted payee list. Therefore, issuance of payments to the wrong payee address is avoided far more easily than with the alternative payee option.

Usually recommend options is using payee in document and permitted payees, because the users have to enter or choose the payees deliberately.

Regards,

Krishna Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Using the 3 options that you have mentioned, it still does not work.

Requirement is illustrated below:

Dr. Expenses $1000

Cr. AP - Vendor A $1000

From this posting, it will create an open item at Vendor A side

Upon Manual Outgoing Payment F-53, if there's no alternate payee functionality, I have to do preliminary reallocation of AP balance.

Dr. AP-Vendor A $1000

Cr. AP-Vendor B $1000

Dr. AP-Vendor B $1000

Cr. Bank $1000

If alternate payee function is available I can just do vendor clearing to offset open item in vendor A and B.

How to achieve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please assign the alternate payee/payer also in the Company code data - payment transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried that. But when I use F-53, I still could not reallocate the payable / receivable to alternative payee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternate payee is only when you are using APP or F-58. It will not function using F-53