cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus / Minus sign in V/06 for Discount and Frieght Conditions????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have one doubt that came to my mind after observation in V/06 that there are certain SAP Std Discount Condition Types like HA00, HB00, RB00 etc.

All these conditions have "Blank" value i.e. (positive or negative) for plus / minus field.

Condition Class as A - Discount or Surcharge

My ques. is that how system comes to know that it is a discount condition or Freight condition because for Freight conditions also the above 2 fields have the same values. Then how system subtracts when it a dis. condition and adds when it is frieght condition

Thanks in advance

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar,

the discount and surcharges are judged by system on the basis of the account key aasigned to it. (check v/08 )

e.g ( ERL Revenue , ERS: Sales deductions )

The conditions you mentioned are the header conditions and will be entered manually at header level. Based on the account key assigned to the condition line system will carry out the addition or substraction at the header level.

Example :

for normal sales process lets assume a pricing procedure ABCD01 is determined in this PP the Frieght (HD00) is to be paid by cust you will have it positive and acct key will be ERL

but if the material is faulty and sent back by cust then he is nt liable to pay the frieght in this case you need to have HD00 Negative. and this can be taken care by assigning acct key as ERS in returns doc pricing procedure lets say EFGH01.

Hope that clarifies your doubt

Regards,

Paresh Kolte.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The functionality of the PLU/MINUS sign in the CONDITION TYPE V/06 is it will reflect the sign in the sales order processing for the condition value

for example if you see the K004 condition type which is set to X - Negative, which means while processing the sales order with this condition type, the value will be recognised as - negative sing before or after the CONDITION AMOUNT.

For taxes it will be set as + positive, then it will be added to the base price

If it is set as blank, this wont be reflected in the condition value

The Addition and Deducting the condition type depends upon the negative sign/Positive sign

The Header conditions will be distribted to the item condtions and wont have any effect directly on the condition amount.

Please check this and revert back if you need further details

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for you valuable inputs. I knew the meaning of plus / minus value and its use.

What i want to know is how system subtracts (discount) or adds (freight) the value maintained for these conditions when there is no change in the configuration settings in V/06 for freight and discount conditions.

If i maintain minus sign for dis. condition then system diducts the value. But there blaink value then how sysem will come to know that this discount condition and has to be deducted from the base amount. Same doubt for freight condition

Hope you would have understood

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you do not maintain anything at the condition type level (negative or positive), system *does not* process them as discounts or surcharges automatically. You need to specifically add a negative sign in the pricing screen along with the amount if you want the condition as discount. If you dont give any sign system will process the condition amount as positive.

This is true even when you are maintaining condition records

Hope this helps

Chandra Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will explain this in Detail

1. BLANK VALUE: If the condition thpe say KF00 has Blank value for the Pls/minus field, then depending on your requirement you can either enter the + or - ve sign while maintaining the condition records

So in VK11 you will give + value for the Frieght sign , so that i will add the value to the base price.

2. X - NEGATIVE VALUE: If the Value is X , that means automatically it will take - ve sign and deducts from the Base price

for example K004 which will have X in the condition types

3. A + POSITIVE VALUE : If the Value is A, then it will be added to the Base price without maintaining in the condition records , so it will have the + ve effect automatically.

In your case if you have the Blank field for some conditions and some of them are added and some are deducted , then the maintain control will be at the time of maintaining the condition records or manual entries during processing the document.

Please check the condition records for your condition types for both scenarioes and revert back if you have any more queries.

regards,

santosh

i Hope now it is clear to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I checked in my system, we are offering discount that is entered manually at the time of processing sales order at item level.

As you said that we have to change thus blank status to either + or -. But in our PRD system this status is blank only but discount is deducted.....that why this doubt came in my mind

I also tested this scenario, system is adding the value to the base value when status is blank.

I know the result when sign is + or - but i want to know how system subtracts or adds when it is discount or freight condition.

Kindly check from your end and guide, as i think this very important and most of the consultants will have that doubt

thnx once again for your help

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Based on my testings, i have come to a conclusion that if you keep value as blank for + or - sign, even for Dis. condition (Cond. class dis / surcharge), system adds up the value to base value.

And only if you make the value as Negative for Dis. condition (Cond. class dis / surcharge), then system subtracts the value.........

But the ques. remains unanswered. If this is the case then why SAP has provided such std Dis condtion types having blank value in + or - sign.

If you find anything additional, kindly share with all of us....

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

My understanding is that all these conditions are header conditions and hence can be used for automatic pricing via condition record maitenance.For these conditions value shall be entered manually at the time of sales order.

That's why these conditions type are having blank plus/minus field.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Since conditions record can't be maintained for these conditions , the system understands it as dicount or surchange depending upon the sign u put while maitianing the condition in sales order.

Hope it will calrify yr doubts.

Regards

Sanjay