Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Initialisation of Delta again for a cube

Hi All,

We are loading data using delta update every day. For some reason we have to delete some deltas, take full updates and then initialise the delta again.

But when I initialise the delta again, What would happened to the data which is present in the delta queue in source system, how do I delete it to make sure that no old delta records gets pulled after new init delta is done.

I need your suggestion please.

With Regards,

Wrushali

Former Member
Former Member replied

got below details from help.sap.com

-

-

Delete queue data

To delete the data in a delta queue, select the delta queue and, from the context menu, choose Delete Data.

Deleting data from the delta queue does not require the delta method to be reinitialized to write DataSource data records into the delta queue.

Note that data that has yet to be read from the delta queue is also deleted. As a result, any existing delta update is invalidated. So, only use this function when you know what you are doing!

Delete the queue

You can delete the entire queue via Queue ® Delete Queue. You need to reinitialize the delta method before you can write data records for the associated DataSource into the delta queue.

-

-

Link is:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6f/66bca6ae43744283d74f1e456ff6c0/frameset.htm

cheers,

Vishvesh

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question