Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INBOUND IDOC CODING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know that suppose we want to populate a field of a standard segment in the INbound IDOC then what is the flow of the logic.

Also if we want to access the detail of another segment in a specific segment then how can we do coding for it.?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subash,

If you want read IDOC data, you can use this functions ..

IDOC_READ_COMPLETELY

IDOC_COMPLETE_SEGMENT_READ

IDOC_TYPE_COMPLETE_READ

If you want to read manually you will have to read the same from EDID4 table, assign the SDATA field to a appropriate structure depending on the SEGMENT and then read the fields.

Also, Why do you want to change the data in a inbound IDOC?

regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for you valuable inputs

I will explain you my case in more detail.

I want to fill a Shipment Number in the Shipment Header Segment by using a Delivery Number from a Delivery segment.

I am using a perform in the end of the FM which processes INBOUND IDOCS.

How shall I proceed?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Subash,

For processing purposes I guess you have the data. So, what is the point in updating a IDOC which has already come into the system.

Just use the data and update the application with whatever logic you have. If you update the IDOC, there is no sanctity between the IDOC send from the source system to the IDOC recieved in the target system.

regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers