Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing property filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Probably silly and simple questions?

1) If my understanding is correct, a property filter hide/modify existing properties or add virtual properties...but, only temporarily right? i mean.. they are not changed permanently .. it's only for the display!

(<i>PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG</i>)

2) I have gone thru the link https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/kmc/knowledge management and collaboration developers guide.html >> <b>How To Implement a Property Filter</b> >> downloaded the example >> deployed too...

I can see my filter in Content Mgt >> Repository Filters..

But, how should i use this property filter?

Regards,

K.Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi krishna,

1. After making sure that your filter is deployed in the server,go to System Administration->System Configuration->Knowledge Manaagement->Content Management.

2.Click on Repository Filters and then it displays a list of filters.Click on your filter.

3.You will be asked to fill in certain properties like priority,the repository for which you need to apply the filter(for ex: set priority to 1,repository to /documents) and click 'Ok'.

4.Now restart the server.The changes will be effected after restarting the server.

hope it helps

Regards,

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thankx for your reply.

Can you please let me know what these Extensions (metadata extensions???), MIME types, paths, resource types are??

Repositories: This only shows <i>/documents</i> etc... i want to apply this property filter to a navigation iView (path: <i>/documents/kumar</i>) how to do this?

My 1st question above: is my understanding correct???

plz help. waiting for your reply.

Regards,

K.Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For information regarding other properties,check the following link

1. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/69/d96b80a84611d5993600508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

You could get info on repository filters from that link itself.

2.Also filters can only be applied to repositories and cannot be applied to navigation iviews(as you have stated that in your reply).You could view the contents of a repository through navigation iview.

3.I think filters can be applied only for repositories like '/documents' and not to subfolders like '/documents/kumar'.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Srinath