Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about the Lock of JDBC Adapter

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Im confused for the Lock.

If it will be locked when I stop the JDBC receiver channel but the insert statement doesnt complete ??

I mean whether the sql statement will be hang and not execute forward?

I presume will it possibly autocommit while I stop the sneder / receiver channel ?

THX for ur time and effort,

Brian

Edited by: brian Luo on Nov 16, 2009 11:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, its true that insert statement wont be executed if you stop the receiver JDBC channel in its running time.

-Tanaya.

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tanaya,

thx for ur answer.

If there are 7000 records ought to insert DB via JDBC Receiver Channel, now there are 4000 records have be insert DB (I know here the 4000 records arent committed, because I dont choose the option of u201CAuto-Commit-Enabledu201D in the Communication Channel), but suddenly I interrupt the Receiver Channel when it is running, then what will occur ??

a rollback? or commit?or hung? or other circs?

Waitting for ur answer.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on your JDBC Drivers features support for your transactions, check the features of JDBC Drivers you installed on to

Adapter Engine, If you doesn't check this option also it will committ, if drivers had transaction handling features.

based on the features of drivers it will rollback the inserted records or otherwise it will committ for the inserted records.

for reference see the link below:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/content.htm]

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

thx for ur answer.

U mean the 4000 records still will be committed and inserted into DB(my DB is oracle 10g)? Even if I suddenly interrupt the Receiver Channel when it is running ??

Thx for ur tima and effort,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

AFAIK, it won't do a commit and the batch will do a rollback. PI will try to insert the records for 3 more times, before throwing system error message.

Regards,

Neetesh

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

appreciate for ur effort and time.

now I will do a experiment according to u said.

Best Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian

locks are temporaray things

say during your developement your connection breaks out

then your object will go in locking state

that you can unlock go to tcode sxmb_ifr

click on admin and there you cans elect ESR or ID based on your requirement and then you can unlock that object under tab lock overview.

thanks

sandeep

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

thx for ur answer.

yeah, I know I can unlock the component that be locked during my development via ur way.

but now I wonder whether the insert statement will be hung and not execute forward while I stop the JDBC channel during the channel 's running time ??

Would u like give me some advice?

thx for ur help,

Brian