cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values to IDoc fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing a JDBC to IDoc scenario. In my message mapping, IDoc is the target message. This IDoc has many nodes named <b>SEGMENT</b>. In the occurences column, these <b>SEGMENT</b> nodes have the value "<b>required</b>". But i am not knowing to what values these nodes have to be defaulted to.

Expecting your replies,

Divija.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

Idoc adapter runs on the intergartion engine and dat is why u r not able to see it on the rwb which has adapters running on the adapter engine of the J2EE stack.

the same holds true for HTTP adapter also.

meanwhile, take a look at this blog, for the problem u r facing,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now the error is changed to: "<b>Receiver service cannot be converted into an ALE logical system.</b>"

The parameters i have given in the Receiver channel are:

Interface Version: SAP release 4.0 or higher

Port: 8030

SAP release: IDS

The two checkboxes are unchecked.

PLs help.

Divija.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

Just check the parameters entered in your Receiver IDOC adapter for the RFC Destination and Port. They have to be valid. For the RFC destination, check IDX1 and IDX2.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you check in Integration Directory.

In the Business system>service>Adapter specific Identifiers that the client and Logical system name are the same as in SLD.

Regards

VIjaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divija,

I think this depends. If the SEGMENT node will be mapped only once, the map it to a Blank constant, otherwise, if the node would appear multiple times, you should map it from source structure(or even use "RemoveContext"/"SplitByValue" to make sure it's cardinality is correct.

Thanks

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested, I gave blank constant values to the <b>SEGMENT</b> nodes also <b>I removed the mapping which was present between access and Idoc nodes</b>. Now when i see the XML file in SXMB_MONI the error is changed to "<b>Unable to convert sender service SenderService to an ALE logical system.</b>"

Also when i go to the list of adapters in the adapter monitoring in Runtime Workbench, I am not able to see the IDoc adapter.

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Divija.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

Map it to a constant 1. SEGMENT = 1.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I mapped all the SEGMENT fields to 1. But when i go to XML message monitoring(SXMB_MONI), and see the XML file, it is having the error saying "<b>During application mapping, com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException was thrown: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformatio</b>"

Also when i go to Message monitoring in Runtime workbench, the receiver service is missing.

Pls help.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

Can you try to map the segment to a blank constant and check. I think that should work.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to map the element segment, to a constant.

Use the Constants function, choose, constant, and let the value of the constant be blank. (Donot give anything in the constant properties)

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since those fields r mandatory u can map those fields to a constant without value.if ther is any corresponding field to map in the source message then u can perform normal mapping else map those fields to constant without value.

regards

jithesh