cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload of documents into Content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have content server installed, connected to ECC 6.0 system. The database is MaxDB.

The post-install activities are completed and the content server repositories, categories are setup successfully.

Now, I have to upload several thousands of documents i.e (.xls, .doc, .pdf. jpeg etc) into the Content Server.

1- Can you please let me know, what are the steps required, configurations required and tcodes etc to upload these thousands of documents into Content Server.

2- Can I upload all these thousands of documents into Content Server at once?

3- With CG3Y and CG3Z, I can upload one document at a time.

How can I upload thousands of documents at one time?

4- Is there any OSS Note, SAP Help, SDN how to guide, on how to upload thousands of docs into the Content Server.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member228481
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

I had similar req. where i need to upload 40 gb Docs, to content server,

You can Use BDC for this, using functional module " BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2"

With the help of ABAPer...

You can ask him, to upload document with released status. ABAPer can manage this.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Ravindra is right, The LSMW is the easiest and cleanest approach. try it.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for all the replies.

1- Do I need to create a staging area for the documents at the application server for the Content Server.

2- Do I need to create a staging area for the documents at the application server for the ECC System, connecting to the Content Server.

3- Do I need to do update certain configurations in AL11, STMS, SE09, SE10 etc.

4- What is the process of uploading 1 document, at a time into Content Server?

5- With CG3Y and CG3Z, do I need to create transport requests, for each document upload and then use the /usr/sap/trans directory

Or

6- With CG3Y and CG3Z, do I need a seperate directory for these documents at the application server for Content Server.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Try in LSMW

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think SDXA functionality could be useful for you in this case.

The standard data transfer workbench which is available through the tcode SXDA, for creating and

changing Document Info Records could be useful. Please see SAP note 817743 to this

message, where you find further information how you could create/upload documents with SXDA.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- Can you please let me know, what are the steps required, configurations required and tcodes etc to upload these thousands of documents into Content Server.

Prepare master data template for users to fill in the data to be loaded. with the help of abaper prepare BDC and upload few files into dev server. Confirm the same from users. As per experience it takes 3 to 6 sec to load a single file and create document info record. Check if object links are required.

2- Can I upload all these thousands of documents into Content Server at once?

Yes, but better to load in groups as it will enable to trouble sheet

3- With CG3Y and CG3Z, I can upload one document at a time.

How can I upload thousands of documents at one time?

As explained above use BDC programs to run and upload the files

4- Is there any OSS Note, SAP Help, SDN how to guide, on how to upload thousands of docs into the Content Server.

On SDN lot of documentation is available for master data template and BDC.

BR,

Anirudh,