cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXDB TEMPORARY FILES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed sneakpreview NW04 sp16. Can anyone tell me where the temporary files generated by MAXDB are stored.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to with the 'temporary files'. Do you mean if MaxDB has any temporary files on the filesystem/operating system level or do you mean temporarily created data?

Thanks and regards,

Roland

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When the server is running the space in my installation drive is reducing. How to recover this space?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the space might be getting reduced because of the growth of the various dbm* and knldiag* log files in the database rundirectory. But these files will not grow beyond a few MB, at the most.

Another possible reason -- the database crashed and wrote a very large core dump. But the datavolumes and logvolumes themselves don't grow beyond their assigned size, even if there is a lot of temporary data in the database.

Can you tell me which files are growing in the filesystem? If you are an SAP customer, please open an OSS message about this with an open service connection.

Thanks,

Ashwath

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In case of oracle temporary files will be generated when the server is running, we can delete these files to free up disk space. similarly where is the temporary data created by MAXDB stored in the system.[filesystem/operating system level]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MAXDB generates temporary internal tables when necessary, for example during join operations. But this temporary data is also stored in the data volumes along with the permanent data.

When the temp data is not needed (for example, the session is closed with a commit or rollback), it is deleted. There are no files created at the OS level, so there is nothing to delete.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ashwath