cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client export for ABAP programs, repository objects cross client objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Let me first explain the scenario here. Our Development system crashed we are rebuilding the development system from a client export of the production. Client does not want migration etc so the only way we want to do it is through client export.

Now the question is whether cross client objects can really be imported through client export KT, KO, KX requests?

I thought it was possible but after successfully importinng the client export (which was taken using profile SAP_EXPC) of the Production client all the customizing has been imported but non of the ABAP programs have been imported.

Can anyone explain how this is done and if it is possible?

Steps I performed:

1] Exported Production client with profile SAP_EXPC

2] Imported the 3 requests KT, KO, KX using command line

tp import <KT req> <SID> U2 client=<my client> pf=<profile path>

tp import <KX req> <SID> U2 client=<my client> pf=<profile path>

tp import <KO req> <SID> U2 client=<my client> pf=<profile path>

3] After successful import ran scc7 which finished successfully

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can transport client independent customizing, read sap note [24853 - CC-INFO: Client copy, functionality|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/24853].

But you cannot transport abap repository objects (abap programs) with a client copy.

Can you explain what you mean by "Our Development system crashed". If you still can happily do client copies to that system, then i really wonder what you mean by crashed...

Cheers Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Using client export (any type) you cannot export the dictionary objects & ABAP programs. I had to re import all the ABAP related transports to get the DEV system back.

Thank you for all the answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

>Our Development system crashed we are rebuilding the development system from a client export of the production.

Why? Are you saying you have NO backups of the Development system to restore from?

Best Regards,

Matt