cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing Collaboration contents to DMS (GUID for Folders)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement:

The Collaborations (in cFolders) that are assigned to certain projects, whose flag is set for archiving, are to be selected & all the Folders/Documents belonging to such collaborations are to be sent to Filenet(Document Management System).

In the table DPR_COLL_LINK, I can see the GUID of Collaboration. However the GUID of Folder is displayed as 00000000000000 & also there is no value against the Group Description "FOLDER_NAME", this despite there being folders created in the collaboration.

Question:

Can I push all the contents of collaboration just by using the collaboration GUID or do I need to know the GUID for Folders & Documents as well?

Any inputs on the abovesaid shall be highly appreciated & duly rewarded.

Thanks & reagards

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can use this fn module..CFX_API_DOC_DOCUMENT_READ to read the document from cFolders..

check out CFX_API_DOC fn grp also..

Murugesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You can import douments/ materials/ BOMs etc. from cFolder to R/3.

You will need to setup an RFC connection between the two systems.

Once connection is established, You will need to login to your R/3 system, Run the transaction cfi02 (R/3 4.6 +)

Here you need to select your collaboration and the documents which you want to send to your DMS.

I hope this solves your problem.

Please give points if your problem is addressed.

Regards,

Reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

Thank you for your reply. My apologies if I have not made my querry clear enough. I want to push the cFolders/cProjects documents to a third party document management system called Filenet (& not to the SAP DMS) as you have understood.

Any pointers in that direction are most welcome.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

In order to interate to third party DMS, I suppose you will need XI between cFolders and your third party tool.

In this case I think you need to post your query in the XI area of the forum.

Regards,

Reema