cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Java VS ABAP Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create an authorization profile for individual support teams for integration.

Using the authorization object S_XMB_MONI, we are able to restrict the users to display/restart/cancel messages belonging to a specific party/service/interface name-namespace in the ABAP stack.

I'm trying to establish the same functionality on the Java stack, specifically in the RWB. If the role SAP_XI_MONITOR_J2EE role is assigned to a user in UME, then he/she gains the authorization to execute actions for all messages, whereas I need to restrict this authorization likely with ABAP using a specific party/service/interface name-namespace again for the Adapte Engine.

As the UME roles are made up of services and relevant actions, I tried to create a custom role, but these actions do not provide any restrictions.

In the end, I want a support group to be able to support only their relevant project by gaining authorizations to execute actions(reprocess, cancel, display etc) for only their messages both in the Integration Engine and the Adapter Engine.

Kindly advise (if) how this can be done in the Java stack.

Regards,

S. Gökhan TOPÇ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like the only way to establish this is using ACLs in J2EE, which is not supported via a GUI as well. And it would take some serious design and development to apply it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c943f3825c581ce10000000a42189c/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like the only way to establish this is using ACLs in J2EE, which is not supported via a GUI as well. And it would take some serious design and development to apply it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c943f3825c581ce10000000a42189c/content.htm

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Giving restricted authorization is possible in IE (SXMB_MONI....there is a blog by Michal on this)

Restricting authorization in AE is not possible.