Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL account given in Default Settings for Items is not taking precedence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please give your valuable inputs for my query

Which takes precedence....GL account given in Default Settings for Items at the top of the shop screen or the Product category and GL account assignment maintained in SRM GUI?

Scenario: I input a GL account in 'Default Settings for Items' at the top of the shop screen. Then click on Describe Requirements. Here I change the Product Category and add the line item to shopping cart.

What GL account will appear in the cost assignment? Default value maintained at the top or the value maintained in the Product category table.

Thanks

Deepthi....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

Yes, what we have done the configuration will take precedence for the product category

Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Applications Basic settings-> Account Assignment->Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category

If you don't configure here then what ever you entered will take in the SC

Rg

sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thank you for your response.

It is not picking the default G/L account assigned to cost center( I believe you are talking abt OKB9 trans). It is picking the G/L account which is assigned to the product category in the customising. This is happenning only if the product category is changed for the line item while adding the item to shopping cart. Otherwise the same G/L account given at the header is appearing in the line item too.

Also While changing the G/L# information in Default settings for items at top, if Cost center is also changed then the same cost center is appearing in the cost assignment section for the line item but not the G/L.

Wanted to know if this is a standard design or not. I would like to have the header data to take precedence over the product category and G/L assignment. Any suggestions please

No ..... I checked in csks table.There are many cost centers for the company code.

Thanks

Deepthi..

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Which cost ceter come as default . you may get corresponding gl account

I may not understand the below point:-

in Default Settings for Items at the top of the shop screen or the Product category and GL account assignment maintained in SRM GUI

there is no default check box setting in spro--> PG/CC/gl account.

br

muthu

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

From what I have seen, the default GL accounts defined for the product category take precedence over what is entered in the default settings. Only way to prevent this is to not define default GL accounts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

So, Is this a standard functionality? My client wants the Default settings to take precedence over the default G/L account maintained for the product category. Is there a way other than the option given by you in your reply. Because users are not going to change the default settings everytime. Only in few cases they go for it.

Thanks

Deepthi

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As far as I know, it is standard. That is something you make want to ask OSS.

Monique

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'Default Settings for Items' - in bbpsc01 transaction.

hope you can give only cost center here right?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

The G/L account assignmnet for cost centre and prodcut category will take precedence from your default setting.

if you want default to take precedence then;

1) do not make entry for the product category in table BBP_DET_ACCOUNT. , in that case user will have to enter G/L account either from deafult or at item level.

2) if that kind of segregation of product category cnnot be done and it is on ad hoc basis that you want the deafult to take precedence , then try BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI. here you can modify the account assignmnet based on your logic.

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

product category -cost center vs gl account

Are you have only one cost center for that company code

check csks table in the back end.

belive that default cost center related GL account will appear.

br

muthu