Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between ECC6.0 and R/3 4.6C

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have already installed R/3 4.6C and it is running from past 1 and 1/2 years. Now we have decided to implement HR module as well. However, this will be implemented in ECC 6.0.

This means, we will be having 2 separate systems rendering different purposes. However, if we implement HR Module in ECC 6.0, then we will have to re-configure all FI settings which are already there in R/3 4.6C. Also, if we need to modify and update these settings, we will have to do it separately in 2 systems separately, which is not convenient.

Can any one help me making communication possible between these 2 different versions of SAP?

What is the standard way to achieve this?

Any connector or any other technology available to achieve this? if so, please can any one let me know?

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can any body reply please?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Communication between 2 systems of any version has never been an issue.

it's certainly possible to have communication established between these 2 version of SAP.

But i guess the focus should on, how are you going to make use of the functionality/settings existing in 4.6 from ECC system.

We did lot of SAP Re-platformation (meaning upgrade SAP versions and migrated functionality) but we build new systems everwhere its possible and build our customer programes to migrate data into new systems and we also performed data conversions wherever it's necessity.

So If you think, currently 4.6 has no critical functionality other than your HR then i would suggest do the database export and build the new system's database recover with this exported database of 4.6. And as per coding is concerned please work on getting migrated code into new landscape.

It's purely discussion item wherein you need to discuss with your management to understand what's critical, what's non-critical, what functionality require re-build, and what you can migrated from the source system (4.6). so please form a team within your organization and discuss.

Regards

Sekhar

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sekhar,

Thanks for your reply. As you said it is very much possible to make this communication happen between these two separate versions, may I know at least any one of the ways?

This would ease my work.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi faisal Khan,

As per I know, the new version (i.e ECC) has come up with lot of functional components that avoid you performing any customization to meet your requirements. So i suggest get your Functional Consultant analayze the ECC system to understand what all things can be done without much customization. When we performed this sort projects...we have not made much changes to the ECC system rather used in best way the existing components of ECC.

Otherwise, to answer your earlier query below is the suggestions.

You need to create RFCs using SM59 transaction

RFC Type 3, ABAP Connection would do all that purpose you require between 2 SAP Systems.

If you require HTTP based (ICM Based) please crate another RFC Connection type H.

Using these RFCs, you can achive to access data from either the systems or send the data across the systems.

I presume this was your requirement, please let me know if you requirement is different from my thought.

Regards

Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Nov 16, 2009 9:23 AM

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sekhar,

Thanks again for your reply. I think you got me now. Even I was thinking of Creating RFCs and make them communicate and get data to and fro.

Do you think this is the ideal solution to use data in another SAP version System?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal Khan,

If you, team & management decided to go by integrating these 2 systems and make use of functionality distributed across these systems then, creating RFCs is best possible method of communication.

But as i mentioned above, please get your Functional Consultant to analyze the ECC system's new functional components and then finalize what's required to accessed from R/3 and what's can be achived using ECC system features.

I hope you agree with the proposal and take it further.

Regards

Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Nov 16, 2009 11:23 AM

Answers (0)