cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic billing release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am creating billing document (with posting block) with ref to delivery (without PGI). Later on I will do PGI.

I want the system to automatically release the billing document to accounts when I click the PGI on the spot in the background.

How is this possible. Can anyone explain me in detail.

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

First of all, you should get a clearence from the SOX/ICs auditors about the process you are currently following is per the SOX/ICS procedures. (I have experience in my previous projet where my client was in huge trouble with SOX/ICS auditors because they had configured the system the way you have)

Now coming to the solution, you can handle it in below ways

1. Instead of printing the original invoice which you are sending to shipping dept now for verifiaction, print a proforma invoice. This is the same as the original invoice, only difference is that it will not be relevant for accounting. Later when the whole verificationprocess is done, print the original, release to accounting simultaneously. In this case, you won't need a posting block on your normal invoice. I think this is the simplest solution I can think of

2. If you insist that your current process should be followed, you need to call transaction VFX3 and release the corresponding billing document (read VBFA) for this delivery to accounting. Try this include MV50A340 to write this code, there is a customer exit in this include. But please remember, that this is a very rare process I have heard and I would suggest to always try to stick to the standard in order avoid unnecessary costs and risks to the business.

Hope this helps

Chandra Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra kiran,

Thank you very much for your valuble information.

My first question is that, why we will have problem with auditors in this. In general we have an option of manual releasing the billing doc to FI. That means we can release that at any time we want. Isn't it. If that is the case then I am releasing it at the time of Goods issue. But the only thing I need is that release should be automatic instead of manual. Kindly clarify about the auditors objection in this.

1) You mean to say that after del doc a proforma inv is generated & sent with shipping instead of commercial and then do the goods issue and then commercial and releasing. right? Here I had 2 cases, if this is domestic I need to send commercial inv through courier not with shipment. then your suggestion will work. Other case is if this is export, then I need to send commercial with the shipment. then this will not work. But even in first case after doing goods issue finance has to check the docs which are completed of PGI and do the commercial inv & release. right? This is the problem i am facing. finance team are doing delay in this where goods sent date will some date and aging date will be some other.

2) So i need the process of automatic release billing doc to fi at the time of PGI. Have you written this code in the given include? If so is it working fine without any problems?

Kumar

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my uderstanding you want billing document automatically released to account as soon as you do PGI

For this you can use BAPI BAPI_BILLING_DOC_EDIT

here you have to write logic that as soon as PGI will be done system will call the BAPI first

then it will put the corrosponding billing document and change the release status (means set the green flag in background)

take the help of ABAPer

hope it will solve the prob

Regards

Shambhu Sarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a small confusion here. Please clarify

1. When you now do the PGI, does the billing document get created automatically?

2. You have a posting block for the billing type/s you are using, so it is not possible to release the billing document to accounting by the creator. Now you are saying that when you do PGI, system should do two things a. create a billing document b. Release the document to acounting.

please clarify, I will help you

Thanks

Chandra Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra kiran,

Thank you for your reply. May be I have communicated wrongly.

1) Sales will create a sale order.

2) Sales will create a delivery document WITHOUT PGI and will print all the necessary docs like DN, pack list etc. Request

finance to create billing.

3) Finance will create billing for this delivery (this can be done through copy controls - billing with ref to del. without PGI) and

will not release to posting as we have not shipped the material to customer.

4) sales will collect this invoice and send all the docs along with DN, packlist to shipping.

5) shipping after recieving this all docs will verify and do the PGI for that delivery doc and will ship the goods.

6) In general after shipping only the billing value should hit accounts.

7) So now after PGI this shipping dept or finance dept has to manually check and release the billing doc to posting which may

become delay and the recievables aging will affect.

😎 So i want the system to release the already created billing doc to FI after PGI.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is no any such std sap setting.

What you can do is, to perform these activities separately.

I.e.

Firstly Post Goods Issue for all the deliveries that are pending through VLO6.

Once this is done, through VFX3, you can release all the billing documents to accounting.

If you want both the steps at a time only then i think you need to take the help of ABAPer

Hope it helps

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sagar,

Thank you for your reply. As you said we need to go this with some user exit, enhancement, etc.

I am looking for that.

Let the experts comment on this.

Anyone please.....

Kumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with the include ZXVVFU01 where you can have a logic in such a way once PGI button is clicked, system should check LIKP table for posting status and accordingly, in the background, the corresponding billing document can be released to FI.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laksmipathi,

Thank you very much for your reply. Can you elaborate this with all necessary tables and all please?

Have you tried this anywhere else?

Kumar