cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery - Shipment and Shipment cost docs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created delivery and completed invoicing , when I tried to create shipment doc with VT01N , Its asking for tranportation planing point and shipment type. FYI I have configured routes , legs(Direct leg) and shipment doc types.My question is , is there any way to link delivery document to shipment docu and dhipment cost document?

Is there any field in delivery type to link with shipment doc ?

Is there anything to do with copying controls for this?

what is the T.code to maintain condition records(header and item) for shipment cost document?

can anyone help me on this

Thanks,

Kanna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the Shipping Point is required for creating Delivery, Transportation Planning Point is required for creating Shipment Doc. in VT01N. Transportation Planning point is part of Enterprise structure so go to IMG-->Enteprise Structure and there create the transportation Planning Point under Logistic Execution.

Another requirement is Shipment Type, for this go to IMG> Logistic Execution>Transportation-->Shipment, there you will find the option for creating Shipment Type.

I would suggest you to go through this link to Understand the Transportation Process and its Customisation setting :-

[http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/EN/data/pdf/LETRA/SDTRA.pdf]

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Before staring up the transportation scenario, please ensure to maintain the transportation pricing procedure properly and then do maintain all the pricing master data in TK11. Please note a concept while creating a shipment order i.e. the transportation planning point should belong to same company code as that of plant (shipment point) of the Sales order. So go to the t-code "VT01N" and create a Shipment order with a Shipment type. After you have entered the details for the document then you have to pick a delivery document belonging to same company code which you are interested to ship and assign it this shipment order. After successful creation of shipment order, you can create shipment cost document through VI01 t-code.

As per STANDARD SAP process, Sales order ---> O/B delivery ---> Shipment order --> PGI ---> Billing. Then going through your initial statement "I created delivery and completed invoicing", this look bit confusing !! Could you please explain your business process that you are trying to map ???

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kanna,

I support sarthak mohanty. Yes usually if you are using Transportaion in your business process. then the PGI definately takes place through Shipment only.

Even i do not understand until you complete PGI how did you manage getting an Invoice. Is it Proforma Invoice that was you created before PGI or Wher exactly PGI Takes place in your process. Let us know so that we can give you better info.

Now coming to Process point:

Transportation Planning Point (TPP) is the Highest Organizational unit like SD has Sales Organization.

Each company code contain their own TPP. There are no Copy controls from Delivery to Shipment. the only way to connect Delivery with shipment is you have to assign delivery to shipment then all the relevant info copied into shipment from the delivery.

To create a Shipment you need Shipment Type and TPP.

Based on your transportaion models Shipment Type varies like Order Types OR,CR,DR etc.......

You can use T-Code TK11 to maintain the condition Record, TK12 - to Change and TK13 - to Display

Regards

Venkat

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagilam / Mohanty

It is not required to create Shipment Doc. before PGI as a Mandatory process, as if we do not maintain the 0VTL setting for automatic PGI (select the radio button No Good Issue Posting), then the PGI will not be done automatically while saving the Shipment Doc., and so there is no compulsion to create Shipment Doc. before PGI. In such scenario we may create Shipment Doc. after PGI.

Now about your second querry that how can we create the Invoice without doing the PGI. This is again possible in standard by doing the setting in copy control VTFL, select the Copying Requirement 11, and you can create Invoice without doing the PGI.

All these settings depends upon the Clients Business Requirement.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh,

Nice to see your inputs. I talked about the Shipment Cost Doc before PGI not automatic or manual PGI.

one thing i do not understand. Why do we require PGI after Shipment Cost document creation.

During PGI Material Document would be created and Inventory entries updated. Frieght will be usually calculated once the shipment leaves the plant that means after PFI or at the time of PGI. that is why Shipment Cost Document needs to be created after PGI. I think this is general practice.

Second reason for my quote is.....

When we are doing STOs. Freight needs to be capitalized in most of the cases. then this frieght will be capitalized once GR Pracoess completed at receiving plant level for which GI is required at sending plant level. even in this case Shipment Cost needs to be created after PGI. I do not find any relevance of creating shipment cost document before PGI in terms of business.

i may not correct, coz requirments changed business to business. Please let me know if you have any valid scenario.

Regards

Venkat