cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving the configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been working as a business analyst for a while, now i might get a new role for configuration, the question that i have is i know that for the enhancements there is always a transport that is moved from DR - to QR - to - PR.

But how does the it work for configuration, i know the configuration is done in DR1, but how is that communicated with basis team to move it to quality environment ? , if someone can give details of how exactly that is done that would be greatly appreciated.

the detail answer that i am looking for is step by step process from say i did an Item category configuration, either a new Z Item category or an existing Z item category with say the configuration of say relevant for billing

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Whether it is a configuration or Abap Program has to be saved in Customising or Work bench request respectively.

Any configuation change or new entry that is created ( in souce system) has to be saved in a transport request, the request

has to be released to the target system and in the target system the transport request has to be imported for the changes to

reflect in the target system.

If you have the authorization to release the transport request you can do it your self or communicate the transport request number to your basis who shall then release and transport the request to the target sytem.

The request has to move from Development to Quality and then from quality to Production system.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Gowri Shankar

Edited by: Gowri Shankar Ippili on Nov 14, 2009 5:40 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please make a note of the process for all configurational changes that are done in the development server, it is absolutely transported to Q/A to check whether the required results are obtained. Here Testing are done by functional consultant and when required results are obtained in Q/A then it is transported to PRODUCTION for final deployment. This is relevant to creation of Z item catoegory or making it relevant for billing.

For master data related changes, these needs to be separately maintained in each servers !!

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarkat,

Thankyou for your reply, but could you elaborate what you mean by master data changes, did you mean the config for customer master and material master or the data itself ?

also i know abap development is moved in a transport , is it the same for configuration also ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the configurations done in IMG should also be transported to TEST, QUALITY & PRODUCTION apart from the ABAP codes

Master data like Customer Creations, Customer Material Info record and the Condition records must be maintained in each Client separately.

regards,

santosh