cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete "Help" link in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When i logon to portal,on upper right corner,there is "Help" link.when i click on that it is taking me to "help.sap.com".instead of this it should take me to my own pdf file.can anybody provide step by step documentation.

Thanks

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

To to change the help link in portal just navigate to Content Admin-->Portal Content->Content provided by SAP->End User Content->standard portal users->Default frame workpage.

Open this Default frame owrk page in property editor, check the Checkbox in front of Masterhead iView and click open at the bottom. It will open the Masterhead iView in property editor. Select Show all in Property category and scroll down to property called URL for Help link, given URL to your pdf.

PS: If helpful award points

--Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

your answer helped me alot.so i am giving highiest points.thanks for response

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

The solution posted here seems to work fine, however, my scenario is a bit different. Instead of changing the masthead iView help URL, I need to change the help URL's of my own iViews/Pages.

Is this dependant on the masthead configuration?

Please advise.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Gauri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are modifying the com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par file then there is one xml file name portalapp.xml.

The property of HelpUrl has to be changed and the pdf Url should be given.

<property name="HelpUrl" value="http://help.sap.com/nw04 ">

<property name="plainDescription" value="Help Link URL"/>

<property name="category" value="Navigation"/>

</property>

Hope, this might help you to solve the problem.

Regards,

Gauri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you are going to modify the par of masthead iview, then import the par of com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par.bak in to your NWDS.

In it under the Headeriview.jsp the code you have to modify is

<%

if (showHelpLink)

{ %>

<TD nowrap >PDF Link</TD>

<TD nowrap>

<%}%>Hope it helps...

Regards,

Ganesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

You have to edit the standard masthead par file.

1) Copy the com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par.bak from

<b>\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd</b> to your local directory.

2) Rename it to .par file (with a customers namespace .. like .. com.test.mymasthead.par)

3)import the new par into your NDS

4) Edit the jsp files according to your needs. Have a look at HeaderiView.jsp file for the HELP link.

5) Make another iView from this par and put it in the framework page.

(OR)

You can alternately change the URL value in your Default framework page >> open Masterhead iView >> Show all properties >> URL for Help link >> give URL of your pdf file.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

SK.

PS: Plz assign points if helpful!