cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum file Size PI 7.1 Can handel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

1)any idea like the maximum file size PI 7.1 can handel if there is no File Content conversion .Say if PI is working like a FTP server ..

if there is anymothed to calculate it in MB.. ?

2)Bacause i have a Flat file of size 400 MB .once i activate the sender communication channel it gets struck ..pls let me know how can i handel this file of 400 MB .. ? customer is looking for some method to handel this .. ?

regards

Souz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> HI ALL,

>

> 1)any idea like the maximum file size PI 7.1 can handel if there is no File Content conversion .Say if PI is working like a FTP server ..

>

> if there is anymothed to calculate it in MB.. ?

>

> 2)Bacause i have a Flat file of size 400 MB .once i activate the sender communication channel it gets struck ..pls let me know how can i handel this file of 400 MB .. ? customer is looking for some method to handel this .. ?

>

> regards

> Souz

The best solution to handle this type of requirement is Using JAVA proxy only,write logic to split the file 10mb only,becaus its not advisable to process more than 10mb files,even SAP say they tested with 1gb.

i had experiece the same in one yeay back,we resolved using JAVA proxy,how to split the file is just take number of lines or try to fine other way...

Regards,

Raj

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I wrote a FlatFile to ABAP Proxy call (transactions from 3rd Party retail system) that was for files twice a day for 25MB. PI and then onto ECC handled it perfectly and very fast. I thought that was big but not a match on 400MB. Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)any idea like the maximum file size PI 7.1 can handel if there is no File Content conversion .Say if PI is working like a FTP server ..

SAP's tested size is 1 GB, but in general cases, 100 megs size should be used. PI won't have problems handling these files, but the end-systems / Gateways might die down.

2)Bacause i have a Flat file of size 400 MB .once i activate the sender communication channel it gets struck ..pls let me know how can i handel this file of 400 MB .. ? customer is looking for some method to handel this .. ?

Chunk the file into smaller sizes.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will get an Idea by this

REgards

Seshagiri

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the possibilities of breaking in to smaller pieces of 100MB or 50MB. Should be good to handle in PI, assuming a good system configuration.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Souz,

There are lot of ways to handle the large volume of data like zip,...

Check the below links,

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

/people/aayush.dubey2/blog/2007/10/10/zip-transfer-unzip-increase-the-performance-of-your-java-abap-applications

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/10/17/number-formatting-to-handle-large-numbers

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/02/21/sap-xi-acting-as-a-huge-file-mover

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/05/managing-bulky-flat-messages-with-sap-xi-tunneling-once-again--updated

/people/udo.paltzer/blog/2008/11/03/real-life-customer-examples-for-high-volume-scenarios-with-sap-netweaver-process-integration

Regards

Ramesh