Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pages and windows in smartforms!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am developing a smartform. One page will have header window with the distributor details and an main window with agreement details.

Next I had created another page with header window and another window with contract instructions. Even if there is some information on the main window or not....the instructions should always begin on a new page after all the main window info is shown. If the information on the main window takes 2 pages...then instructions should start on 3rd page.

But in my case...the second page is not displayed. What am I missing here? Does any1 has any idea? Please help.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the page sequence how you have in page- general attributes.

it should be like for first page, next page should be second page. for the second page next page should be first page.

I think its clear.

Sudheer.A

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

What do you mean by second page not shown?

If you want a new page for instructions, insert a COMMAND object where you can specify Go T0 - NEXT PAGE. That should start printing from a new page. You can do this at the end of the main window or at the starting of your instructions

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the page sequence how you have in page- general attributes.

it should be like for first page, next page should be second page. for the second page next page should be first page.

I think its clear.

Sudheer.A

0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I already had a command in the main window of the first page. I checked 'go to new page' as second page and also checked in the conditions tab 'after the end of main window'. But still it is not working. Am I missing something here?

Can someone move this thread forward please?

Thanks,

Message was edited by: Naren Somen

0 Kudos

Naren,

We need to find where exactly is the error.

1. Try to deactivate the INSTR page and see if your MAIN PAGE prints multiple pages if the data over flows.

2. If that works deactivate the main page, and see if INSTR PAGE prints fine.

regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Naveen

CALL FUNCTION 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS'

EXPORTING MODE = 'BATCH'

REPORT = 'MYREPORT'

IMPORTING OUT_PARAMETERS = PARAMS

VALID = VALID.

look into this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d5/6243ea8a4111d4b605006094192fe3/content.htm

You need to set the USER_SETTINGS perameter in your SmartForm to SPACE

Table control will draw lines till last record only.

You can do like this... Use table control but do not use the lines of table control... Make all the borders invisible... and use a overlap window in that draw a template...

I have sent you some documents.

http://www.sap-img.com/smartforms/smart-006.htm

http://www.sap-img.com/smartforms/smartforms-faq-part-two.htm

Thanks & regards

Sreeni

0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Ravi, as you said, if I look at the output after deactivating my page2 (INST), the main window gets extended to mulitple pages.

But if I activate my page2, something weird is happening...main window is not extending to multiple pages continuosly, but it is getting extended alternatively like in 1, 3, 5 etc. It is trying to display page2 in 2, 4, 6 etc. How should this problem be solved. Can any1 help me pls.

I just want to pint out one more thing. My page2 is pointing to page1 in the 'next page'. It is not pointing to itself since doesnt have a main window.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Naren,

Can you set the next page to itself in the SECOND page and try?

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Ravi,

Since second page is not having a main window...I can not point it to itself. Do u have a solution how to handle this.

And one more doubt is, do I have to increment the form pages by 1 in initialization. I think the form may not be counting the second page.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

You don't have to increment the page numbers manually. That should be taken care by the system.

Is it the drop down list for the next page of the second page you cannot see the second page at all?

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hello,

Check that you have COMMAND object in correct place (usually the last node in the main window). Also check that your FIRST (page with the distributor and agreement details) page next page is FIRST.

Additionally, use transaction SMARTFORM_TRACE to get detailed analysis of your SmartForm processing flow.

Br,

Hannu

Message was edited by: Hannu Alakangas

0 Kudos

Ravi,

The second page is not getting printed at all. The second page is seen in the drop down for next page.

Hannu,

I kept the COMMAND object in the right place only and the first page is pointing to itself only.

I did a trace on the smartform but it could not be read becoz the it gave an error (05).

Any ideas.

This issue is not yet resolved. Can somebody help me with this so that I can close the post :-((

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thanks for all your replies. This question is resolved.

The solution:

I created a command in the main window of the first page. I checked 'go to new page' as second page and also <i>checked in the conditions tab 'after the end of main window'(this is where I went wrong)</i>.

In the conditions tab, you have to check 'before end of main window' not 'after the end of main window'.

Full points to me only ) All other answers will be rewarded appropriately.

Thanks,